Cameron Smith 2019 U.S. Open Betting Odds, Preview: Talent Is There, Form Is Not
Orlando Ramirez-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Cameron Smith.
Cameron Smith 2019 U.S. Open Odds
- Odds to Win U.S. Open: 150-1
- DFS Pricing: $7,300 DraftKings; $9,000 FanDuel
- Tee Times: 11:24 a.m. ET Thursday; 5:09 p.m. ET Friday
Cam Smith is a young player loaded with talent, and burst on the U.S. Open scene with a fourth-place finish in his debut at the US Open in 2015.
Since then, he has only made 1 of 2 cuts, missing the mark last year and finished 59th in 2016. Smith is widely considered one of the better short iron/wedge players in the game today, but his total ball-striking stats don’t add up what you would expect to see from someone expected to play well at a US Open.
Also to consider, Smith’s best finish in his last five starts is a 51st at Augusta back in April. Since then he has three MC’s and a T61.
That kind of recent form along with his total ball-striking stats make him a “stay away” type of player for me this week.
Cameron Smith Statistical Profile
The below numbers outline where Cameron Smith ranks among the other 164 U.S. Open competitors in a series of key statistical categories from our FantasyLabs Models.
- Long-Term Adjusted Round Score: 49
- Recent Adjusted Round Score: 95
- Recent Greens in Regulation: 105
- Strokes Gained — Tee-to-Green: 59
- Strokes Gained — Approach: 31