Hideki Matsuyama 2019 U.S. Open Betting Odds, Preview: Can He Sort Out His Putting?
Credit: USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Hideki Matsuyama
Hideki Matsuyama 2019 U.S. Open Odds
- Odds to Win U.S. Open: 40-1
- DFS Pricing: $8,800 DraftKings; $10,400 FanDuel
- Tee Times: 11:24 a.m. ET Thursday; 5:09 p.m. ET Friday
The popular refrain remains around Matsuyama’s game: He strikes it like Ben Hogan and putts it like Hulk Hogan. That might be a little cutesy, but it isn’t wrong. He ranks inside the top-five this season in ball-striking, but owns a negative strokes gained putting number.
At Pebble, where speedy greens could negate putting abilities a bit, in effect leveling the playing field, he might enjoy a small advantage, though it’s still very tough to believe he can consistently roll in speedy 8-foot par-savers – or for that matter, make one of ‘em to win his first career major.
Hideki Matsuyama Statistical Profile
The below numbers outline where Hideki Matsuyama ranks among the other 164 U.S. Open competitors in a series of key statistical categories from our FantasyLabs Models.
- Long-Term Adjusted Round Score: 12
- Recent Adjusted Round Score: 13
- Recent Greens in Regulation: 46
- Strokes Gained — Tee-to-Green: 3
- Strokes Gained — Approach: 5