MLB Expert Predictions: Our Staff’s Favorite Bets for Athletics-Giants, 4 More Tuesday Games
Credit: Gary A. Vasquez-USA TODAY Sports
- Our experts detail their favorite bets for Tuesday's MLB slate, including the Astros at White Sox (doubleheader) and A's at Giants (9:45 p.m. ET).
Mark Gallant: Houston Astros at Chicago White Sox (Doubleheader)
Game 1: Zack Greinke (11-4, 3.08 ERA) vs. Dylan Cease (2-4, 6.00 ERA)
- Astros Moneyline: -300
- White Sox Moneyline: +270
- Over/Under: 9.5
- First pitch: 4:40 p.m. ET
Game 2: Gerrit Cole (14-5, 2.87 ERA) vs. Ivan Nova (7-9, 4.80 ERA)
- Astros Moneyline: -350
- White Sox Moneyline: +305
- Over/Under: 9
- First pitch: 8:10 p.m. ET
My White Sox +1.5 pick got rained out last night, but luckily, they’re playing the same game today and I can get better odds!
In case you missed yesterday’s analysis, I’m a big fan of taking teams +1.5 at a big plus-money price, specifically +140 or higher. Runlines at this price used to be a rare occurrence, but have become much more popular over the past couple seasons.
Tonight, the ChiSox will be getting a run and a half at huge plus-money payouts for both games of their doubleheader. And guess what?