Packers Draft Picks, Team Needs & First Round Betting Odds
Quinn Harris/Getty Images. Pictured: Lambeau Field
Packers Draft Picks
Packers Draft Odds
|Position of First Pick||Odds|
Packers Draft Needs
- WR: Time is truly a flat circle. General manager Brian Gutekunst is getting a second shot with this year’s wide receiver class being as stacked as 2020. Hopefully he doesn’t make the same mistake twice.
- LB/DL: The Packers’ run defense was middle-of-the-road last season and allowed 112.8 rushing yards per game. They will have to replace linebacker Christian Kirksey, who left during free agency.
- CB: Green Bay’s secondary is shallow after Alexander and could use additional young talent.
by Chris Raybon
- WR: Though Allen Lazard and Marquez Valdes-Scantling each had their moments, neither is good enough to escape the wrath of Aaron Rodgers stare downs or make the failure to select a receiver in last year’s draft forgivable.
- OT: David Bakhtiari, who graded second of 89 qualified tackles last season, tore his ACL in late December and may not be ready for Week 1 while swing tackle Rick Wagner (25th) and veteran stopgap Jared Veldheer were not re-signed.
- G: Pro Bowl guard Elgton Jenkins will move to center to replace Corey Linsley, which leaves a hole at one of the guard spots opposite Lucas Patrick. Jon Runyan — a 2020 sixth-rounder who struggled in 160 snaps of mop-up duty — is the best option currently on the roster.
- ILB: Christian Kirksey failed to replicate the performance of Blake Martinez and was let go after one season while UDFA Krys Barnes graded out near the bottom of the league.
- CB: The Packers re-signed Kevin King, but he’s graded as a below-average starter in all four of his pro seasons, so they still need help on the outside opposite Jaire Alexander.