European Soccer Forecast: Projected Odds, Totals for Weekend Premier League, Bundesliga, Serie A & More (April 23-26)
Justin Tallis – Pool/Getty Images. Pictured: Christian Pulisic.
With the European Super League seemingly dead, the normal European soccer schedule can continue uninterrupted. There was a flurry of midweek action in the Premier League, Bundesliga, Serie A and La Liga, so here is a bit of what we saw this week:
- Chelsea was held to a 0-0 draw with Brighton, bringing them level on points with West Ham for the final Champions League spot.
- RB Leipzig were upset 2-1 by 17th-place Koln, which allowed Bayern Munich to take a 10-point lead atop the table with only four matches left in the season.
- AC Milan was upset 2-1 at home by Sassuolo, allowing Inter to open up a 10-point lead a top the Serie A table.
- Napoli won a seven-goal thriller 5-2 over Lazio to stay within two points of the top four.
The European soccer calendar is so congested at the moment with Champions League, Europa League and mid-week domestic matches taking place during this past week, managers might be rotating their squads to rest some players. It would probably be a good idea to wait until starting lineups come out an hour before kickoff before placing a wager.
You can use these projections to identify betting value on current lines, plus follow me in The Action Network App to see any bets I make throughout the week.
Premier League Notes
- West Ham vs. Chelsea: This is a huge match in the top-four race, as both teams are tied on points for fourth place in the table. The Hammers have beenin incredible form at home winning seven of their last eight matches at the Olympic Stadium. Chelsea, too, has been in incredible form under Thomas Tuchel in the Premier League with only one loss in 12 matches. Chelsea has a Champions League match with Real Madrid on Wednesday, so this is a precarious spot for them.
Premier League Injury News
- Arsenal: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (ST), Alexandre Lacazette (ST), David Luiz (CB), and Kieran Tierney (RB) are out. Martin Ødegaard (CAM) is questionable.
- Aston Villa: Matt Cash(RB) and Jack Grealish (LM) are out against West Brom.
- Brighton: Solomon March (LB) and Tariq Lamptey (RB) are out against Sheffield United.
- Burnley: Robbie Brady (LM) and Ashley Barnes (ST) are out against Wolves.
- Chelsea: Mateo Kovacic (CM) is out against West Ham. Thiago Silva (CB) is questionable.
- Crystal Palace: Mamadou Sahko (CB) is out against Leicester.
- Everton: Abdoulaye Doucoure (CM) is out against Arsenal.
- Leeds: Liam Cooper (CB) is out against Manchester United.
- Leicester: Harvey Barnes (LM) and James Justin (LB) are out against Crystal Palace.
- Liverpool: Jordan Henderson (CM), Joel Matip (CB), Joe Gomez (CB), Virgil van Djik (CB) are out against Newcastle.
- Manchester United: Anthony Martial (ST) is out against Leeds.
- Newcastle: Jamaal Lascelles (CB) and Fabian Schär (CB) are out against Liverpool.
- Sheffield United: Sander Berge (CM), Oliver McBurnie (ST), Jack O’Connell (CB), and Chris Basham (CB) are out against Brighton.
- West Brom: Branislav Ivanovic (CB) is out against Aston Villa.
- West Ham: Craig Dawson (CB), Declan Rice (CM), and Michail Antonio (ST) are out against Chelsea. Aaron Cresswell (LB) and Arthur Masuaku (LB) are questionable.
- Wolves: Pedro Neto (LW), Ruben Neves (CM), and Raul Jimenez (ST) are out against Burnley.
- Wolfsburg vs. Dortmund: This is a huge match that could decide who finishes in the top four. Wolfsburg is currently sitting in third place and is five points ahead of Dortmund with four matches left in the season. Dortmund has found their form, as they’ve won their last three matches. Wolfsburg has been almost unbeatable at home, going 9-4-1 this season. Dortmund has dominated Wolfsburg over the past decade, as they’ve won 13 of their last 15 meetings with Wolfsburg in the Bundesliga.
Bundesliga Injury News
- Arminia Bielefeld: Sergio Córdova (ST) and Reinhold Yabo (LM) are questionable to play against Gladbach. Cedric Brunner (RB) is out.
- Augsburg: Felix Uduokhai (CB) is out against Koln.
- Bayer Leverkusen: Lars Bender (CDM) is questionable against Frankfurt.
- Bayern Munich: Serge Gnarby (RM), Jerome Boateng (CB), and Niklas Süle (CB) are questionable to play against Mainz. Douglas Costa (LM) is out.
- Borussia Dortmund: Roman Burki (GK), Mats Hummels (CB), Thomas Delaney (RB), and Axel Witsel (CM) are out against Wolfsburg. Giovanni Reyna (LM) is questionable.
- Frankfurt: Sebastian Rode (CM) is out against Leverkusen.
- Gladbach: Lars Stindl (CAM) is questionable to play against Arminia Bielefeld. Cristoph Kramer (CM) is out.
- Hoffenheim: Sebastian Rudy (CM), Marco John (LB), Christoph Baumgartner (CM) are out against Freiburg. Kevin Vogt (CB) is questionable.
- Koln: Sebastian Andersson (ST) and Kingsley Ehizibue (RB) are out against Augsburg.
- Union Berlin: Taiwo Awoniyi (ST) is questionable to play against Werder Bremen.
- Vfb Stuttgart: Borna Sosa (LM), Orel Mangala (CM) and Silas Wamangituka (RM) are out against RB Leipzig.
- Werder Bremen: Omer Toprak (CB) is out against Union Berlin.
- Wolfsburg: Renato Steffen (LM) is out against Dortmund.
Serie A Notes
- Lazio vs. AC Milan: Lazio looks to keep their top four hopes alive when they host second place AC Milan. After losing 5-2 to Napoli on Thursday, Lazio is now seven points off the top and in desperate need of all three points. AC Milan is barely clinging onto hopes of winning the title, but likely need to win out if they want any shot at catching Inter. Lazio is the hottest team in Serie A at home, winning nine straight matches at the Stadio Olimpico.
Serie A Injury News
- AC Milan: Zlatan Ibrahimovic (ST) is questionable to play against Lazio.
- Atalanta: Robin Gosens (LWB) is out against Bologna.
- Bologna: Aaron Hickey (LB) and Takehiro Tomiyasu (CB) are questionable to play against Atalanta.
- Cagliari: Alessio Cragno (GK) is questionable to play against Roma.
- Crotone: Ahmad Benali (CM) is questionable to play against Parma.
- Inter: Arturo Vidal (CM) is questionable to play against Verona.
- Juventus: Federico Chiesa (LM) is out against Fiorentina.
- Lazio: Luiz Felipe (CB) is questionable to play against AC Milan.
- Napoli: David Ospina (GK) is out against Torino.
- Parma: Simone Iacoponi (CB) is questionable to play against Juventus. Riccardo Gagliolo (LB) is out.
- Roma: Pedro (CAM), Leonardo Spinazzola (LM) and Chris Smalling (CB) are questionable to play against Cagliari. Roger Ibañez (CB) is out.
- Sassuolo: Francesco Caputo (ST) is questionable to play against Sampdoria.
- Udinese: Gerard Deulofeu (ST) is out against Benevento. Ignacio Pussetto (ST) is questionable.
La Liga Injury News
- Atletico Madrid: Joao Felix (ST) is questionable to play against Athletic Bilbao.
- Barcelona: Philippe Coutinho (CAM) and Ansu Fati (LW) are questionable to play against Villarreal.
- Cadiz: Alex Fernández (LM) is out against Real Valladolid.
- Celta Vigo: Ruben Blanco (GK) is questionable to play against Osasuna.
- Eibar: Pedro Bigas (CM), Yoshinori Muto (ST), and Eduardo Expósito (CM) are questionable to play against Real Sociedad.
- Getafe: Erick Cabaco (CB) is out against Barcelona.
- Granada: Domingos Duarte (CB) is out against Sevilla. Luis Milla (CAM) is questionable.
- Huesca: Pablo Maffeo (RB) is out against Getafe.
- Levante: Jorge Miramon (RB) and Nikola Vukcevic (CM) are questionable to play against Elche.
- Osasuna: Juan Cruz (LB) is questionable to play against Celta Vigo.
- Real Madrid: Tony Kroos (CM), Luka Modric (CM) are questionable to play against Real Betis. Federico Valverde (CM), Ferland Mendy (LB) and Lucas Vazquez (RW) are out.
- Real Sociedad: David Silva (CAM) is questionable to play against Eibar.
- Real Valladolid: Shon Weissman (ST) is out against Cadiz.
- Valencia: Thierry Correia (RB), Carlos Soler (CM) and Jasper Cillessen (GK) are out against Alaves.
Ligue 1 Notes
- Lyon vs. Lille: The Ligue 1 title is potentially on the line Sunday with Lyon hosts Lille. Lyon trails Lille by three points for the top spot in France, so they could potentially be tied at the top if they take all three points at home. Lille is in incredible form on the road, going unbeaten in their last 11 matches away from home. Lyon has struggled with Lille over the years as their last win against them in Ligue 1 came in 2016.
Ligue 1 Injury News
- Angers: Rachid Alioui (CM) and Sofiane Boufal (LM) are questionable against Monaco.
- Bordeaux: Samuel Kalu (LM) and Otávio (CDM) are questionable to play against Lorient. Laurent Koscielny (CB) is out.
- Brest: Romain Faivre (LM) and Christophe Herelle (CB) are out against Saint-Etienne. Paul Lasne (CM) and Steve Mounie (ST) are out.
- Dijon: Mama Balde (ST) and Didier Ndong (CM) are questionable to play against Rennes.
- Lens: Jonathan Gradit (CB), Facundo Medina (CB), Florian Sotoca (CM), and Seko Fofana (CM) are questionable to play against Nimes.
- Lyon: Tino Kadewere (RW) is questionable to play against Lille.
- Metz: Opa Nguette (LW) is questionable to play against PSG.
- Nice: Amine Gouiri (LW) is questionable to play against Montpellier.
- Nimes: Andres Cubas (CM) and Anthony Briancon (CB) are questionable to play against Lens.
- PSG: Marco Verratti (CM), Marquinos (CB), and Rafinha (CM) are questionable to play against Metz.
- Reims: Valon Berisha (CM) is out against Marseille.
- Rennes: Nayef Aguerd (CB), Damien Da Silva (CB), and Sehrou Guirassy (ST) are out against Dijon.
- Strasbourg: Frederic Guilbert (RB) is out against Nantes.