2019 US Open ATP Round 2 Betting Preview: Will Reilly Opelka Advance?
Jerry Lai, USA Today Sports. Pictured: Reilly Opelka
The first round of the US Open on the men’s singles side was upset-heavy as several top seeds went down.
On Monday, there were five moneyline upsets – four by underdogs priced between +240 and +275; and Roger Federer lost his first set to Sumit Nagal, a +2800 underdog.
Tuesday saw 11 moneyline upsets, including:
- Andrey Rublev (+150) over Stefanos Tstisipas
- Tennys Sandgren (+200) over Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
- Pablo Andujar-Alba (+350) over Kyle Edmund
- Cedrik-Marcel Stebe (+400) over Filip Krajinovic
- Thomas Fabbiano (+400) over Dominic Thiem
- Vasik Pospisil (+500) over Karen Khachanov
- Mikhail Kukushkin (+700) over Roberto Bautista Agut
Will betting underdogs continue to thrive on the blue courts of Flushing Meadows, or will favorites get back to form in the second round?
New to betting on tennis or want to learn more about the sport? Click here to read our tennis betting primer.