Cowboys Odds, Win Total, Projected Spreads For Every 2019 Game, More
Tim Heitman-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Dak Prescott
Dallas Cowboys Betting Odds
- Win total: Over 9 (-120)/Under 9 (even)
- Odds to win the NFC East: -160
- Odds to make the NFC Playoffs: +105
- Odds to win the NFC Championship: 8-1
- Odds to win the Super Bowl: 18-1
Ezekiel Elliott is still holding out, creating some uncertainty in Dallas.
What are realistic expectations for the Cowboys in 2019?
I’ve compared their win total to my projections and set early spreads for all 16 of their games below.
Note: All odds via Westgate and as of Friday, August 30.
My Win Total Projection: 8.5
The Cowboys have the lowest Buy/Sell Rating in my model largely due to them going 7-2 in close games, good for an adjusted number of +2.5 wins above expectation. It’s unlikely they will be able to rely on good fortune alone to win 10 games again this year. An 8-9 win season seems about right.
Dallas does have a favorable schedule this year, which will prevent too much regression in the win column. But even with that, I have seven games where I’m projecting a point spread of less than a field goal, so the Cowboys will have to maintain their luck in close games to go over their win total.
Important note: My numbers assume Ezekiel Elliott will reach a deal before the season starts (or shortly thereafter); if that doesn’t occur, there’s clearly even more hidden value on the under.
Projected Spreads For Every Game
- Week 1 vs. Giants: Cowboys -7.5
- Week 2 at Redskins: Cowboys -2.5
- Week 3 vs. Dolphins: Cowboys -9.5
- Week 4 at Saints: Cowboys +6
- Week 5 vs. Packers: Cowboys -1
- Week 6 at Jets: Cowboys pick’em
- Week 7 vs. Eagles: Cowboys -0.5
- Week 9 at Giants: Cowboys -3
- Week 10 vs. Vikings: Cowboys -1.5
- Week 11 at Lions: Cowboys +0.5
- Week 12 at Patriots: Cowboys +6.5
- Week 13 vs. Bills: Cowboys -6
- Week 14 at Bears: Cowboys +4
- Week 15 vs. Rams: Cowboys +1
- Week 16 at Eagles: Cowboys +4.5
- Week 17 vs. Redskins: Cowboys -7