Best Week 9 NFL Player Props: Marvin Jones Should Dominate for Detroit, More
- There are four player props offering betting value on Sunday's main slate for Week 8.
- Lions receiver Marvin Jones has a favorable matchup against the Vikings, after the Golden Tate trade.
With six teams on a bye and several key players questionable, it’s not a week for the feint of heart.
I’ll outline some of my favorite plays for the week here, but as we get a better picture of who’s healthy and who’s not, we’ll be adding more picks on Twitter.
Last week was good to us. We went 26-4-1 over at Bet the Prop, and 7-0 in our article picks for The Action Network.
Here are the records on the year:
- Props Tool Bet Quality 10 Record: 169-81 (66%)
- Article picks : 24-6 (80%)
- Bet the Prop Overall Record: 186-127 (59%)
>> Sign up for The Action Network’s daily newsletter to get the smartest conversation delivered into your inbox each morning.
Lions WR Marvin Jones
Over 64.5 (-115 @ 5 Dimes)
A great spot for Marvin Jones just got better with reports that Vikings cornerback Xavier Rhodes, a familiar shadow for Jones, suffered a setback with his high ankle sprain on Friday.
Rhodes is a game-time decision, opening up the prospect of elevated efficiency to go along with expanded opportunity for Jones.
- Golden Tate was dominating looks with 27% target share compared to 18% for Jones, and Tate’s departure opens up 9.9 targets per game.
- Jones was already leading the team with a 36% market share of Air Yards, and he’ll certainly see some of Tate’s 64 Air Yards per game.
Given Jones’ game-breaking ability, even the tiniest uptick in targets could make a huge difference to his bottom line.
He shredded Minnesota for 109 yards on six receptions last year, and this figures to be another a high-paced affair.
I believe this line should be closer to 70 yards, and I’d freely play up to that number.