PGA Tour Pros Answer The Action Network Super Bowl Prop Sheet
Mark Konezny, USA Today Sports. Pictured: Austin Cook
- The Action Network created a printable prop sheet for Super Bowl 53.
- Jason Sobel asked a few star players on the PGA Tour to make their picks.
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. – Pssst … it’s Super Bowl week.
Just wanted to announce that PSA to all of you so focused on the world of golf that you completely forgot about the big game.
Of course, that doesn’t include many players in this week’s Waste Management Phoenix Open field.
Here at The Action Network, we have a prop sheet to play along at your Super Bowl party – and now we have some answers, too.
Forget the experts. Here are the prop picks of PGA Tour players, who apparently still know a few things despite spending most Sunday afternoons between the ropes.
1. What will be the result of the coin toss? Heads/Tails
Ryan Moore: Tails. “And the Rams are going to win it.”
2. What will be the length of the National Anthem? Over/Under 110.5 seconds
Kevin Streelman: Over. “I just find this to be the funniest prop bet. I think it would be hilarious to sit there with a stopwatch and hope it goes over. But it’s way more fun to root for the over.”
3. Who will score the first TD of the game? FILL IN THE BLANK
Austin Cook: Rob Gronkowski. “It’ll be a pass from Brady to Gronk.”
4. How many touchdowns will be scored in the first half?
Patton Kizzire: Three. “I think the defenses will step up early in the red zone.”
5. How many individual players will have a reception for the Patriots?
Brendan Steele: Seven. “Let’s see … Edelman, Hogan, Gronk, Dorsett, White, Burkhead and Michel. That’s seven.”
6. Will Tom Brady complete his first pass attempt? Yes/No
Colt Knost: Yes. “He’ll throw a little dump-off to Hogan for six yards.”
7. How many touchdown passes will Tom Brady and Jared Goff throw? Over/Under 4.5
Matt Kuchar: Under. “I’m going to go with four total. Sony Michel is going to see a lot of action – UGA, baby.”
8. How many receiving yards will Julian Edelman have? Over/Under 80.5
Chris Stroud: Under. “I think they’re going to cover him pretty hard. I say he’ll get 70 yards.”
9. Will either QB throw for 325 passing yards or more? Yes/No
Lucas Glover: Yes. “I think Brady will do it, because as much as they’ve been running the ball, I think LA’s defense will try to take the run away and pressure Brady up the middle, but he’s going to get rid of it quick.”
10. Will either team be trailing by 10 points or more in the 4th quarter? Yes/No
Ryan Palmer: Yes. “I think the Patriots are going to beat ‘em by 20. Brady is going to pick ‘em apart all game.”
Tiebreaker: How many combined rushing yards will the Rams and Patriots have in Super Bowl 53?
Nick Watney: 267. “I used to live in Vegas. I love this stuff.”