- Tiger Woods is set to take on Phil Mickelson in a one-on-one matchup at Shadow Creek Golf Course in Las Vegas on Thanksgiving weekend.
- Woods is a consensus -130 betting favorite with Mickelson available at +110.
- BookMaker.eu has moved Woods to -145, which is significant considering it is accepting $10,000 limits on this prop, compared to $500 at other sportsbooks.
The long-rumored big-money match between Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson has been confirmed for Thanksgiving weekend at Shadow Creek Golf Course in Las Vegas. Not only is the purse expected to be around $10 million, but this clash of golf’s titans will also generate a massive betting handle.
Thanksgiving is already a very popular four-day weekend for recreational bettors who flood the market to enjoy the Thanksgiving Day NFL slate, along with other notable college and NFL games. Now bettors will have another marquee event to wager on.
The Westgate Las Vegas Superbook opened Woods as a -130 favorite with Mickelson available at +110. Unsurprisingly, offshore sportsbooks also want in on the action.
Here’s a look at current lines for this matchup, as of noon ET on Aug. 2:
- BetOnline: Woods -130, Mickelson +110
- BookMaker: Woods -145, Mickelson +135
- Westgate: Woods -130, Mickelson +110
BetOnline is right in line with Westgate, offering Tiger as a -130 favorite. However, BookMaker is up to -145, meaning it’s currently offering the best price for Mickelson at +135.
BookMaker, which attracts heavy sharp action due to its high limits, is also taking $10,000 wagers on this prop compared to BetOnline’s limit of $500.
Based on this, we can conclude that professional bettors have placed large wagers on Tiger, which is why his price is 15 cents higher at BookMaker than it is anywhere else.
>> Download The Action Network App to get real-time odds, track your bets and follow all of our experts’ picks.
One important note: Anyone considering betting this matchup should be sure to check the specific rules of the wager. For example, BetOnline will still consider the wager action as long as it takes place anytime in 2018.