Promotion Banner

2021 NFL Draft Betting: Mac Jones Favored Over Justin Fields Once Again For No. 3 Pick

2021 NFL Draft Betting: Mac Jones Favored Over Justin Fields Once Again For No. 3 Pick article feature image

MIAMI GARDENS, FLORIDA – JANUARY 11: Mac Jones #10 of the Alabama Crimson Tide smiles after the College Football Playoff National Championship football game against the Ohio State Buckeyes at Hard Rock Stadium on January 11, 2021 in Miami Gardens, Florida. The Alabama Crimson Tide defeated the Ohio State Buckeyes 52-24. (Photo by Alika Jenner/Getty Images)

Update (4 p.m. ET): Mac Jones’ odds have increased to -150 (60% implied probability) while Fields’ have dropped to +160 (38.46%). Lance’s odds increased slightly to +350 (22.22%).

The betting market between Mac Jones and Justin Fields for the No. 3 pick in the 2021 NFL Draft has shifted once again.

Alabama’s Jones — who was the co-favorite on Tuesday to be drafted No. 3 overall — has now passed Ohio State’s Fields after a brief stay behind him on the oddsboard.

The pick is currently held by the 49ers after trading up with the Miami Dolphins on March 26.

NFL Draft Promos: Win $150 if a QB Goes No. 1!

See all the best NFL Draft promos

Bet $20, Win $150 if a QB is taken in R1

100-1 odds on Lawrence to go No. 1, and more!

The betting market for this pick has been extremely erratic over the past few weeks. Jones was the lone betting favorite on DraftKings Sportsbook ahead of both Fields and North Dakota State’s Trey Lance on March 29 at +140 odds. He dropped to +175  on March 30 after a lukewarm performance at Alabama’s second Pro Day and a strong performance from Fields at Ohio State’s Pro Day.

Jones and Fields had been tied this week as co-favorites but Jones’ odds have now increased from +100 to -125 over the past day — a 50% to 55.56% change in  implied probability — while Fields has dropped from +100 to +125 (44.44% probability).

QB 4/20 4/21
Mac Jones +100 -125
Justin Fields +100 +125
Trey Lance +400 +400

Lance — who was at +175 odds on Monday — has sharply dropped to +400. His odds began to shift on Monday during North Dakota State’s second Pro Day, which was attended by San Francisco’s head coach Kyle Shanahan, general manager John Lynch and quarterback coach Rich Scangarello.

Jones has been heralded as a good scheme fit with the 49ers’ system, but did elicit criticism at his own Pro Day less than a month ago, which was also attended by Shanahan, Lynch and Scangarello. Some of his throws were inaccurate and many have questioned his ability to perform without DeVonta Smith, Jaylen Waddle and Najee Harris — all of whom are top prospects in this year’s draft.

Clemson’s Trevor Lawrence and BYU’s Zach Wilson remain the favorites to go first (-10000) and second overall (-5000) to the Jaguars and Jets, respectively.

The must-have app for NFL bettors

The best NFL betting scoreboard

Free picks from proven pros

Live win probabilities for your bets

How would you rate this article?

This site contains commercial content. We may be compensated for the links provided on this page. The content on this page is for informational purposes only. Action Network makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy of the information given or the outcome of any game or event.