NFL Betting Tips: The Best Ways to Buy Low in Week 3
Charles LeClaire-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Mason Rudolph.
- Week 3 in the NFL is a perfect time to be a contrarian sports bettor.
- Using Bet Labs, we share three profitable strategies for Week 3 that go against the grain.
One of the best times in the NFL season to be contrarian is Week 3. Teams that start slow are often buy-low candidates while those that come out of the gates strong could be overvalued.
There are three situational spots I’m eyeing for Week 3:
- Buying low on teams that failed to cover in Weeks 1 and 2
- Fading teams in home openers
- Betting the over after both teams went under the previous week
The sample size is not huge for any of these trends but the results have been consistent year-to-year. If you buy the reasoning behind the systems, there is situational value to be found this weekend.
Buy Low on 0-2 ATS Teams
Eight teams have started the 2019 season 0-2 against the spread (ATS). Most recreational bettors will fade a team after they fail to cover. In Week 3, six of the eight 0-2 ATS teams are receiving less than 50% of spread tickets.
Unlock The Action EDGE
Unlock this article + all the EDGE benefitsBecome an Action EDGE member to see which games match this week's most profitable betting systems
Already an EDGE member? Sign In