Kareem Hunt Fantasy Football Rankings, 2019 Projections, Analysis, More
May 15, 2019; Berea, OH, USA; Cleveland Browns running back Kareem Hunt (27) runs with the ball during organized team activities at the Cleveland Browns training facility. Mandatory Credit: Ken Blaze-USA TODAY Sports
- See our experts' fantasy football rankings, 2019 projections, analysis and more for Cleveland Browns running back Kareem Hunt.
Hunt is suspended for the first eight games of the season, but he’s one of the best backs at breaking tackles and offers enough upside as a receiver to potentially dominate down the stretch.
While Nick Chubb and Duke Johnson are undoubtedly talented, it wouldn’t make much sense for the Browns to take this type of risk and not plan on utilizing Hunt as the featured back once he returns.
He led the league in rushing as a rookie with 1,327 yards and scored 14 touchdowns in just 11 games in 2018 prior to his release. “Running backs don’t matter” critics might dismiss this success as a byproduct of the Chiefs’ ever-explosive offense, but it’s tough to find a hole in Hunt’s on-field game based on his 28 career games. — Ian Hartitz
Note: Rankings and projections are as of July 1. For our experts’ most recent updates, check out our fantasy football tools.
2019 Kareem Hunt’s Fantasy Football Rankings
- PPR: No. 197 overall | No. 65 RB
- Half-Point PPR: No. 191 overall | No. 64 RB
- Standard: No. 194 overall | No. 63 RB
Here are our experts’ aggregate projections for top-level stats.
- Rushing: 59 carries | 269 yards | 2.2 touchdowns
- Receiving: 17 receptions | 164 yards | 1.3 touchdowns
- Rushing: 181 car | 824 yds | 74.9 yds/g | 7 TDs
- Receiving: 26 rec | 378 yds | 34.4 yds/g | 7 TDs
- Fantasy ranks: RB12 PPR | RB11 0.5 PPR | RB8 std
Note: Hunt missed the final five regular-season games after being released by the Chiefs.