Final 2017 NFL season win total results
Oct 8, 2017; Houston, TX, USA; Kansas City Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker (7) kicks during the game against the Houston Texans at NRG Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Kevin Jairaj-USA TODAY Sports
I truly feel for anybody that bet the opening line of the Ravens Over 9 wins for the season. The words “4th and 12” will haunt bettors and Baltimore fans for many years to come. Let’s take a look at the rest of the final season win total results by conference.
- As expected, the Patriots’ Over 12.5 wins cashed on Sunday, as they dispatched the Jets with relative ease.
- Chiefs’ Over bettors had to endure an emotional roller coaster to get to the window. Kansas City blew a 14 point fourth quarter lead, but decided to go back to Patrick Mahomes with the game tied late in the fourth quarter. The rookie quarterback led the Chiefs on an 11-play, 67-yard drive that ended in the game-winning field goal, covering the 9-win total.
- The Titans flirted with disaster after the Jaguars recovered a fumble for a touchdown, but Tennessee ultimately avoided their fourth blown fourth-quarter lead of December to clinch their ninth victory of the season. As a result, those who bet Tennessee Over 9 wins will see a refund.
- As expected, the Bears could not pull off the upset in Minnesota as a 13-point underdog, which kept them under their 5.5 season win total. Those who backed Chicago to get to at least six wins will look back at a one-point loss to San Francisco as the primary reason for their bet going uncashed.
- The Redskins disappointed anybody that threw money down on their Over 7.5 wins, as Washington lost to the lowly Giants as a 5-point favorite in the Meadowlands. I’m sure Over bettors will now look back with disgust at the Redskins’ late collapse vs. the Saints in Week 11.
- The Falcons pulled out a win over the Panthers on Sunday to clinch a playoff berth and to secure a win for anybody that wagered on their closing season win total of 9.5.
- Those who got in early on the Cardinals’ Over 8 wins received a late Christmas gift in the form of an unexpected push, as Arizona pulled out a win in Seattle as an 8-point underdog after Blair Walsh missed a 49-yard game winning field goal in the final seconds.
Photo via Kevin Jairaj-USA TODAY Sports