- This NFL season, we're created a new football league that combines season-long fantasy, DFS, betting and a survivor pool.
- We've put together a league with industry pros, pitting 16 of the sharpest football minds against each other.
- Each week we'll post the previous week's results, and very soon you'll be able to track their ATS picks in our awesome Action app.
Last week, I introduced a new football league you can play with your friends that includes four main factors:
- Season-long fantasy football
- Survivor pool
I teased that we’d be announcing an industry-wide league with 16 of the sharpest football minds competing in the event, and here it is!
Here are this year’s contestants:
- Jonathan Bales
- Peter Jennings
- Adam Levitan
- Sean Koerner
- Matthew Freedman
- Chris Raybon
- Ian Hartitz
- Pat Mayo
- Davis Mattek
- Drew Dinkmeyer
- Jake Ciely
- Pat Thorman
- Mike Tagliere
- Rich Hribar
- TJ Hernandez
Talk about a murderer’s row of elite football minds.
In case you need a refresher on scoring weights for each category, check out my article from last week for all the details.
The Scoring System
Each component is weighted equally. Here’s how we’re doing ours, but you can weight it as you’d like — top-heavy or flat.
- 1st place in each category: 100 points
- 2nd place: 60 points
- 3rd place: 40 points
- 4th place: 25 points
- 5th place: 15 points
- 6th place: 10 points
Week 1 Results
After Week 1, there are of course a ton of ties for first place. Still, some competitors are standing out above the rest. Here are the points:
Players who went 1-0 in the season-long contest currently have 100 points (tied for first place). The same goes for those that hit their survivor pick: Only four missed in Week 1 — Adam Levitan (Saints), Pat Thorman (Saints), Sean Koerner (Saints), and Matthew Freedman (Lions).
Six contestants went 4-0-1 against-the-spread, so they’re currently tied for first place with 100 points. TJ Hernandez won the inaugural DraftKings contest, with Drew Dinkmeyer and Jonathan Bales coming in second and third, respectively.
Stay tuned for an update next week!