Cleveland Browns DB ‘Wagers’ 43x His Salary Against Cavs with Jersey Promise
- Browns safety Damarious Randall says he’ll buy a jersey for everyone who retweets his tweet if the Cavs win the NBA Finals.
- Having already received more than 650,000 RTs, Randall is looking at $65 million worth of jerseys.
- Randall will earn $1.5 million during the upcoming NFL season.
Cleveland Browns safety Damarious Randall offered a very interesting wager to his Twitter followers late Monday night. Randall, who was traded from Green Bay to Cleveland in March, tweeted that should the Cavaliers pull off the upset and win the NBA Finals, he’ll buy a jersey for everyone who retweets his tweet:
If the Cleveland Cavaliers win the 2018 NBA finals I’ll buy everyone who retweet’s this a jersey…
— Damarious Randall (@RandallTime) May 29, 2018
According to the current series price, Randall should be the in clear considering the Golden State Warriors are massive -1200 favorites over the Cleveland Cavaliers. However, should the Cavs pull off the unthinkable as +755 underdogs, the math is not pretty for Randall.
As of 9 a.m. ET Wednesday, Randall’s Tweet has garnered more than 650,000 retweets. Randall doesn’t specify what kind of jersey he’d buy for everyone, but the cheapest adult jersey on NFLShop.com goes for $99.99. That means Randall is already facing around a $65 million bill. And considering the NBA Finals don’t start until Thursday, the number of retweets will only continue to climb.
When given the opportunity to back away from his wager on Monday night, Randall had this to say:
Randall is slated to make $1.5 million for the 2018 NFL season. He made $6.49 million in his previous three seasons. Randall, a first-round pick in the 2015 draft, had an up-and-down stint with the Packers, picking off 10 passes while struggling with injuries.
If you’re wondering how the Cleveland faithful are handling Randall picking against the hometown Cavs, check out his mentions on Twitter.
More NBA Finals Coverage
- Moore’s Predictions: Investing in the Garbage Time Warriors and More
- Game 1 Trends: Underdog LeBron Has Been Historically Profitable
- Locky: Why I’m Betting the Over/Under in Game 1
- Download Our Free NBA Finals Prop Sheet
- The Angles: The Importance of George Hill and the Power of the Switch
- Should Golden State Bettors Be Wary of a Rested LeBron?
- Finding Value in Betting NBA Finals Exact Series Odds