Steelers Odds, Win Total, Projected Spreads For Every 2019 Game, More
Photo credit: Philip G. Pavely-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Ben Roethlisberger
Pittsburgh Steelers Betting Odds
- Win total: Over 9 (-145)/Under 9 (+125)
- Odds to win the AFC North: +140
- Odds to make the AFC Playoffs: -120
- Odds to win the AFC Championship: 9-1
- Odds to win the Super Bowl: 18-1
It’s been a decade since Steelers fans watched a Pittsburgh offense without the Big Ben-Antonio Brown connection.
What are realistic expectations for Roethlisberger and the Steelers in 2019?
I’ve compared their win total to my projections and set early spreads for all 16 of their games below.
Note: All odds via Westgate and as of Friday, August 30.
My Win Total Projection: 9.0
My projected win total for Pittsburgh is only offering some slight value on the under, but I’m not quite as down on them as my model’s F grade indicates. First-rounder Devin Bush could be the linebacker they need to fill the void left by Ryan Shazier. If the defense is able to regain top form, it’ll help reduce the need for Big Ben to attempt 42 passes per game again this year.
I am a bit worried about Antonio Brown’s departure and Big Ben’s age (38). He will have to be healthy all 16 games for Over 9 wins to have a chance here, and last season was only the fourth time in his 15-year career that he played every game. Roethlisberger has never really been as durable as Drew Brees or Tom Brady, so we can’t be so sure that will change in his late 30s. There’s maybe a 10-15% chance Ben misses multiple games due to injury, giving this under some hidden value.
Projected Spreads For Every Game
- Week 1 at Patriots: Steelers +6
- Week 2 vs. Seahawks: Steelers -3
- Week 3 at 49ers: Steelers +1
- Week 4 vs. Bengals: Steelers -8
- Week 5 vs. Ravens: Steelers -3.5
- Week 6 at Chargers: Steelers +5
- Week 8 vs. Dolphins: Steelers -10
- Week 9 vs. Colts: Steelers -4.5
- Week 10 vs. Rams: Steelers +0.5
- Week 11 at Browns: Steelers +3
- Week 12 at Bengals: Steelers -3
- Week 13 vs. Browns: Steelers -2.5
- Week 14 at Cardinals: Steelers -3.5
- Week 15 vs. Bills: Steelers -6.5
- Week 16 at Jets: Steelers -0.5
- Week 17 at Ravens: Steelers +1.5