The 2018 NFL preseason officially kicks off Aug. 2 when the Chicago Bears take on the Baltimore Ravens in the Hall of Fame Game. The full slate of preseason Week 1 begins on Aug. 9, and sportsbooks have already released lines for the majority of those matchups.
The table below includes point spreads and totals for each NFL preseason Week 1 game from Bookmaker:
>> Download The Action Network App to get real-time odds on every NFL preseason game, track your bets and follow all of our experts’ picks.
Here are a couple nuggets of interest:
- Because the Bears and Ravens play in the Hall of Fame Game, their matchups are off the board.
- The New England Patriots (-4.5) are the largest favorite of the week in their game against the Washington Redskins.
- Redskins-Patriots also offers the highest total of the slate at 37.
- With Andrew Luck expected to see action, the Indianpolis Colts are 2.5-point underdogs against the Seattle Seahawks.
- The New York Giants are 3-point favorites against the Cleveland Browns in a game that could include the professional debuts of quarterback Baker Mayfield and running back Saquon Barkley.
NFL Preseason Week 1 Betting Trends
- Underdogs have a slight edge at 101-97-5 against the spread (ATS) since 2005.
- Home teams are 105-95-5 ATS.
- Unders are 103-97-6.