NFL Preseason Week 2: Betting Odds & Angles for Bears-Giants, Bills-Panthers, Dolphins-Bucs
USA Today Sports. Pictured: Daniel Jones, Peyton Barber, Cam Newton
- Ian Hartitz breaks down the betting odds for Friday's NFL Preseason Week 2 matchups.
- See his analysis and picks for Bears-Giants, Bills-Panthers and Dolphins-Buccaneers.
We get a three-game slate of preseason football on Friday night. It’s only Week 2, so don’t expect to see many starters play for more than a quarter or two in most cases. Either way, offenses and defenses will largely rely on simplified schemes.
Let’s start with a look at key storylines and actionable betting takeaways for all six teams playing on Friday.
All odds as of Thursday evening.
- Spread: Panthers -3
- Over/Under: 40.5
- Kickoff: 7 p.m. ET
There sure isn’t anywhere for Josh Allen’s passing efficiency to go but up after last season’s performance.
Josh Allen’s 2018 Stats
- Yards per attempt: 6.48 (28th among 29 quarterbacks with at least 10 starts)
- QB rating: 67.9 (28th)
- Touchdown rate: 3.1% (27th)
- Interception rate: 3.75% (29th)
- Completion rate: 52.8% (29th)
One of the biggest X-factors in a potential Year 2 leap for Allen is the Bills’ offseason additions at wide receiver.