NFL Preseason Week 2: Betting Odds & Angles for Bears-Giants, Bills-Panthers, Dolphins-Bucs
USA Today Sports. Pictured: Daniel Jones, Peyton Barber, Cam Newton
- Ian Hartitz breaks down the betting odds for Friday's NFL Preseason Week 2 matchups.
- See his analysis and picks for Bears-Giants, Bills-Panthers and Dolphins-Buccaneers.
We get a three-game slate of preseason football on Friday night. It’s only Week 2, so don’t expect to see many starters play for more than a quarter or two in most cases. Either way, offenses and defenses will largely rely on simplified schemes.
Let’s start with a look at key storylines and actionable betting takeaways for all six teams playing on Friday.
All odds as of Thursday evening.
- Spread: Panthers -3
- Over/Under: 40.5
- Kickoff: 7 p.m. ET
There sure isn’t anywhere for Josh Allen’s passing efficiency to go but up after last season’s performance.
Josh Allen’s 2018 Stats
- Yards per attempt: 6.48 (28th among 29 quarterbacks with at least 10 starts)
- QB rating: 67.9 (28th)
- Touchdown rate: 3.1% (27th)
- Interception rate: 3.75% (29th)
- Completion rate: 52.8% (29th)
One of the biggest X-factors in a potential Year 2 leap for Allen is the Bills’ offseason additions at wide receiver.
UNLOCK THE ACTION EDGE
Become and Action EDGE member for betting advice and DFS analysis for Friday's three preseason games.START MY FREE TRIAL
Already an EDGE member? Sign In