- The 2018-19 NBA season tips off on Tuesday night with two matchups.
- The Boston Celtics open as 5-point favorites vs. the Philadelphia 76ers with an over/under of 208.5 (8 p.m. ET on TNT).
- The Golden State Warriors open as double-digit favorites vs. the Oklahoma City Thunder with an over/under of 223.5 (10:30 p.m. ET on TNT).
While you were busy watching football, oddsmakers were setting lines for the first two games of the 2018-19 NBA season.
The 76ers will tip the season off at the Celtics on Tuesday night in what could be an early look at the Eastern Conference Finals.
- Spread: Celtics -5
- Over/Under: 208.5
- Time and Network: 8:00 p.m. ET on TNT
Celtics bettors — and hopefully everyone else with a soul — will keep their fingers crossed that this season-opener goes better for Gordon Hayward than last year’s did.
Following 76ers-Celtics, the reigning champion Warriors will host the Thunder, offering an always-entertaining showdown between Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook.
- Spread: Warriors -11.5
- Over/Under: 223.5
- Time and Network: 10:30 p.m. ET on TNT
Golden State will be going with a bit of a new look, as youngster Damian Jones will start at center.
Keep in mind that the Warriors’ newly acquired star, DeMarcus Cousins, will still be out for at least a couple of months as he nurses his Achilles injury.