Promoguy’s Vegas Fantasy Football Rankings, Week 15
Photo by Roy K. Miller/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images. Pictured: Isiah Pacheco.
We debuted Vegas-style fantasy football rankings prior to this NFL season.
We used season-long prop lines for each player to project fantasy points, using the wisdom-of-the-crowds approach embedded in betting markets to find players undervalued and overvalued by fantasy experts.
For example: if a receiver was listed at 6 catches, 60 yards and 0.5 TDs in the prop market, he’d be projected for 15 points in full PPR, and 9 points in standard formats.
We’ll be doing the same on a game-by-game basis, using props from that week’s games to create fantasy rankings. While you’ll be starting most of the players listed anyway, these rankings can be a good way to find DFS value or make tough lineup decisions early in the season.
Here’s how things shook out for quarterbacks, running backs and wide receivers for Week 15 in all formats, with some notes below.
Due to injury questions, there are a handful of key players missing from these ranks because there are no props posted — Eagles TE Dallas Goedert, Giants TE Daniel Bellinger, Jets WR Garrett Wilson, Packers RB Aaron Jones, Patriots RB Rhamondre Stevenson, Raiders TE Darren Waller, Saints TE Taysom Hill, Saints TE Juwan Johnson and Titans TE Chig Okonkwo.
- After an injury and a bye, Justin Fields is back at QB5.
- Ravens QB Tyler Huntley is QB12 thanks to his rushing upside; last week he was QB11 before exiting early with a concussion. He was a good fantasy asset in place of Lamar Jackson last year, and we have him a little higher than ESPN’s consensus ranks.
- Desmond Ridder is not getting the same love from the prop market in his debut with the Falcons, all the way down at QB24.
- Despite a lackluster first two games, Deshaun Watson is still QB10 against the Ravens on Saturday.
- Derrick Henry is our RB1 in all formats, even PPR, a crown that usually goes to Austin Ekeler.
- Our rankings are higher on Isiah Pacheco and Rachaad White than ESPN’s consensus rankings. White is our RB13 in PPR and he’s barely in the top 30 at ESPN.
- We’re also a tad higher on Zonovan Knight and Cordarrelle Patterson than consensus ranks.
- The prop market is down on Stefon Diggs. He’s WR3 in ESPN’s PPR rankings but No. 8 in our rankings. Same goes for Tyreek Hill, who has been No. 1 in our rankings several times in the last few weeks but is WR6 in our rankings and WR2 on ESPN.
- Our rankings like Michael Pittman and Chris Olave more than the consensus fantasy rankers, putting both inside the top 15 in PPR formats.
- The prop market also likes Zay Jones more than the rankings, up to No. 18 in PPR.
- We’re down on Dolphins WR Jaylen Waddle relative to fantasy rankers, as he comes in at WR23 in all formats but No. 14 in ESPN’s PPR rankings.
- Mark Andrews has lost his grip on the No. 2 TE spot to T.J. Hockenson. Those two are flip-flopped on ESPN.
- Evan Engram is our TE5 after a breakout game last week. He’s TE9 at ESPN.