2018 Ryder Cup Preview: Bet on a Solid Debut From Justin Thomas
Sep 21, 2018; Atlanta, GA, USA; Justin Thomas tees off on the fourth hole during the second round of the Tour Championship golf tournament at East Lake Golf Club. Mandatory Credit: Butch Dill-USA TODAY Sports
For betting odds and analysis of all 24 golfers in the 2018 Ryder Cup field, check out this page.
Justin Thomas’ Ryder Cup Betting Odds
- Odds to be highest-scoring golfer: +1100
- Odds to be highest-scoring team member: +600
- Point total odds: 2.5 (o +125, u -165)
- Ryder Cup appearances: 0
- Ryder Cup match play history: N/A
- Ryder Cup foursome history: N/A
- Ryder Cup fourball history: N/A
>> Sign up for The Action Network’s daily newsletter to get the smartest conversation delivered into your inbox each morning.
Justin Thomas’ Ryder Cup Outlook
Best asset: Experience. Thomas was the one member of the U.S. team to make the trek to France and play in the European Tour event. He played pretty solid there and ended up just a few strokes off the pace set by Alex Noren.
He’s the only one who will really know what this course can look like with a tournament setup.
Worst asset: Also experience. Thomas has racked up a lot of accolades, but this will be his first experience in the Ryder Cup. It’s a tough spot for any rookie to go on the road and play well in this event. That’s really the only thing that could hold Thomas back.
Ryder Cup Confidence Rating: 8 out of 10. I think actually making the trip to Europe and playing on this course will cancel out a lot of the effects of being a rookie for Thomas. He’s been pretty solid all year and will be counted on by the U.S. to produce.
Expert Predictions: Over/Under 2.5 Points
Justin Thomas’ Metrics
Here’s how Thomas ranks in the Ryder Cup field in several key metrics.
- Strokes Gained: Total: 3rd in world, 3rd in field
- Strokes Gained: Tee-to-Green: 2nd in world, 2nd in field
- Strokes Gained: Approach: 3rd in world, 2nd in field
- Strokes Gained: Putting: 44th in world, 9th in field
Want more Ryder Cup coverage? Check out this page for tips on the 24 golfers in the field.