NASCAR Props Challenge Picks for Sunday’s Gander RV 400 at Pocono
Matthew O’Haren-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: A crew member for NASCAR Cup Series driver Darrell Wallace Jr (43) sits on the pit wall during the Pocono 400 at Pocono Raceway
- NASCAR's Props Challenge game asks fans to answer 10 prop-betting questions each week, with weekly winners eligible for prizes.
- PJ Walsh offers his Props Challenge picks and analysis for Sunday's Gander RV 400 (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN) at Pocono Raceway.
For the second time this season, the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series (MENCS) will visit Pocono Raceway, a unique 2.5-mile tri-oval racetrack.
Kyle Busch led 79 of 160 laps en route to a convincing win in the first race, so it’s no surprise to see him as the early favorite in Vegas for Sunday’s Gander RV 400 at +250 odds.
To make this weekend’s NASCAR Props Challenge picks, we’ll lean results from the MENCS race at Pocono last month, as well as historical data from The Tricky Triangle.
1. Will Sunday’s winner lead the most laps? Yes or No?
Kyle Busch led the most laps when winning at Pocono in June and considering the new aero package has created bigger advantages for cars out front, I’ll say that happens again on Sunday.
2. O/U 15.5 stage points for Kyle Busch?
Just two drivers (Kyle Larson and William Byron) scored more than 15 stage points last month at Pocono.
In addition, because cars toward the front of the field can pit without losing a lap at Pocono, strategy often results in the fastest cars pitting immediately before the stage breaks (forgoing stage points) in order to gain track position after stage breaks.
3. Which driver will finish higher? Clint Bowyer or Jimmie Johnson?
Bowyer was better than Johnson in every major statistical category in the most recent Pocono race, so this is an easy one for me.