NBA Expert Betting Picks (Thursday, Jan. 2): Best Bets for Pistons vs. Clippers & Grizzlies vs. Kings
Jonathan Bachman/Getty Images. Pictured: Derrick Rose #25 of the Detroit Pistons.
- The latest betting odds for Thursday night's NBA showdown between the Los Angeles Clippers and the Detroit Pistons make the Clippers big home favorites (spread: Clipper -12.5) with the over/under set at 223.5.
- Blake Griffin remains doubtful to play. Our experts give their favorite betting picks for that matchup and a few others on Thursday, including Grizzlies vs. Kings.
There are nine games on Thursday evening’s NBA schedule, and our experts are betting on three specific matchups:
- 7 p.m. ET: Denver Nuggets at Indiana Pacers
- 10 p.m. ET: Memphis Grizzlies at Sacramento Kings
- 10:30 p.m. ET: Detroit Pistons at LA Clippers
See which bets they’re making below.
Odds as of Thursday afternoon and via PointsBet, where Action Network users can access an exclusive promotion to get a 200% deposit match (deposit $50, bet with $150). No strings attached. No rollover required.
Brandon Anderson: Nuggets at Pacers
- Spread: Pacers -1.5
- Over/Under: 209
- Time: 7 p.m. ET
The Pacers are really good at home, and the Nuggets don’t travel well. Indiana is 15-3 straight-up at home and 10-5-3 against-the-spread. The Pacers are one of those teams that shows up each night out and makes you actually come out and win the game. They’re not going to give you anything, and the Nuggets haven’t covered any of their past five games after that big win against the Lakers.
So why are we riding Denver? Two words: Malcolm Brogdon.