Bubba Watson 2019 British Open Betting Odds, Preview: Fade Watson in All Markets
Credit: Eric Bolte-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Bubba Watson.
Bubba Watson 2019 British Open Odds
- Odds to Win British Open: 150-1
- DFS Pricing: $7,200 DraftKings; $9,100 FanDuel
- Tee Times: 1:41 a.m. ET Thursday; 6:42 a.m. ET Friday
Bubba isn’t too tough to figure out: Buy him at Augusta and the other courses he loves; sell him at the other majors and PGA events.
He’s missed three of his past five cuts at the British, and he’s never been inside the top 20 in his 10 appearances. Bubba is definitely not a guy to back on links courses, as his Strokes Gained marks are much worse there than other courses.
And he’s in terrible form right now, most notably missing the cut at a middling event in the Rocket Mortgate Classic. He hit just 63.9% of his greens and 53.6% of his fairways.
Perhaps he will surprise if the wind gets so bad that it negates his disadvantages, but if not I will be actively fading Watson in all markets.
Bubba Watson British Open Statistical Profile
The below numbers outline where Bubba Watson ranks among the other 139 top British Open competitors in a series of key statistical categories from our FantasyLabs Models.
- Long-Term Adjusted Round Score: 34
- Long-Term Greens in Regulation: 75
- Long-Term Driving Accuracy: 72
- Recent Adjusted Round Score: 101
- Recent Greens in Regulation: 105
- Total Driving: 28
- Strokes Gained — Approach: 65