Patrick Reed 2019 British Open Betting Odds, Preview: Can You Bet on Reed’s Putter?
USA Today Sports. Pictured: Patrick Reed
Patrick Reed 2019 British Open Odds
- Odds to Win British Open: 60-1
- DFS Pricing: $7,400 DraftKings; $9,600 FanDuel
- Tee Times: 10:10 a.m. ET Thursday; 4:09 a.m. ET Friday
Reed doesn’t have a top-10 Open performance in his career, although he doesn’t seem to be a terrible fit for a bad-weather week given his low apex height off the tee.
The issue with Reed has usually been his approach shots into the wind: He’s lost strokes in that regard in his past 21 windy rounds.
Reed has always had a good short game, and he’s in solid form right now, but he’s 115th in the field in Long-Term Adjusted Round Score and 84th in Long-Term Driving Accuracy. As usual, he’ll have to be excellent with the putter in order to hang around, and that’s tough to bet on.
Patrick Reed British Open Statistical Profile
The below numbers outline where Patrick Reed ranks among the other 139 top British Open competitors in a series of key statistical categories from our FantasyLabs Models.
- Long-Term Adjusted Round Score: 22
- Long-Term Greens in Regulation: 115
- Long-Term Driving Accuracy: 84
- Recent Adjusted Round Score: 19
- Recent Greens in Regulation: 39
- Total Driving: 61
- Strokes Gained — Approach: 48