Wednesday Horse Racing Picks & Exotics: 3 Best Bets for Gulfstream Park (June 10)
Matthew Stockman/Getty Images
Horse racing continues to dominate the lay of the sports land at the moment, with several tracks in action today across the country.
We are putting our attention toward the action at Gulfstream Park, which features a 10-race card.
Here are the featured plays down in South Florida, along with some multi-race wagers I have thrown in for Tampa Bay Downs and evening racing at Evangeline Downs.
Time: 12:30 p.m. ET
This is a tricky maiden-claiming event, with seven contenders scheduled to sprint 4-1/2 furlongs on the dirt.
My top selection in this difficult race to handicap is No. 3 Venetian Dream (2-1), who debuts for trainer Larry Rivelli. The Verrazano colt has been working well leading up to this moment for Rivelli, who traditionally has his horses ready in these kind of spots.
I am playing Venetian Dream across the board in Win-Place-Show wagering and and top of my exotic plays with No. 5 Casalsa (7-2), who goes out for trainer Kathleen O’Connell. Use No. 1 The Ice Beast (3-1), No. 7 Seazan (4-1) and No. 8 Fitz’s Mo (15-1) on the bottom of those tickets.
- $5 Win/Place/Show: No. 3 Venetian Dream (2-1) — $15 Ticket
- $2 exacta wager: 3/5 over 1,3,5,7,8 — $24 Ticket
- $2 trifecta wager: 3/5 over 1,3,5 over 1,3,5,7,8 — $24 Ticket
Time: 1:02 p.m. ET
I am taking a shot with No. 2 Speed Gracer (9-2) to pull of the minor upset in this mile event on the turf course.
Trainer Saffie Joseph Jr. takes the blinkers off his charge, who wound up fourth in his most recent outing going a slightly shorter distance. Jockey Samy Camacho climbs aboard Speed Gracer, who should love the extra half furlong coming from off the pace and with the equipment change.
SPECIAL PROMOS FOR GOLF’S RETURN! Bet $1, Win $50 if Rory makes just ONE birdie … Win $50 if ANY PLAYER makes a birdie on Colonial’s first hole … and more!
Play Speed Gracer across the board in your Win-Place-Show wagering and box him in your exacta with No. 3 Mystical Moon (7-2), No. 4 Dillon Rocks (3-1) and No. 10 Cappy Hour at 5-1 odds. Use Speed Gracer and Dillon Rocks on top of your trifecta wager, with the others (along with No. 9 Bye Bye Man at 15-1 odds) underneath the play.
- $4 Win/Place/Show: No. 2 Speed Gracer (9-2) — $12 Ticket
- $2 exacta box wager: 2/3/4/10 — $24 Ticket
- $1 trifecta wager: 2/4 over 2/3/4/10 over 2/3/4/9/10 — $18 Ticket
Time: 4:13 p.m. ET
The featured race on the card is a $55,000 Allowance Optional Claiming event, scheduled for a mile on the dirt track.
I am backing No. 1 Ete Indian (6-5), who makes his return after finishing a disappointing third in the Grade I Florida Derby. Jockey Florent Geroux comes in from Churchill Downs to ride the favorite, who is trained by Patrick Biancone.
Ete Indian is the class of the field and I think he bounces back from that Florida Derby effort, where he had a compromised post position and ran into Kentucky Derby favorite Tiz the Law as well.
Play Ete Indian across the board and on top of your exotic wagers with No. 7 Sole Volante (9-5), who is also trained by Biancone. Tack on No. 2 With Verve (8-1), No. 4 Shivaree (9-2) and No. 6 Hard Lighting (15-1) in your exacta and trifecta plays with the primary contenders.
- $9 Win/Place/Show: No. 1 Ete Indian (6-5) — $27 Ticket
- $3 exacta wager: 1/7 over 1/2/4/7 — $18 Ticket
- $1.50 trifecta wager: 1/7 over 1/2/4/7 over 1/2/4/6/7— $27 Ticket
Favorite Multi-Race Wagers at Gulfstream Park
- Pick 3 (Races 1-2-3): 3,5,7,12 / 1,3,5,7 / 2,3,4,10 ($0.50 Pick 4 = $32 Ticket)
- Daily Double (Races 5 and 6): 2,5,6,7,9 / 1,3,8 ($2 Daily Double = $30 Ticket)
- Daily Double (Races 9 and 10): 1,4,7 / 2,4,5,6,9 ($2 Daily Double = $30 Ticket)
Favorite Multi-Race Wagers at Tampa Bay Downs
- Daily Double (Races 4 and 5): 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 / 6 ($3 Daily Double = $21 Ticket)
- Pick 3 (Races 6-7-8): 2,3,4,7 / 2,4,6 / 1,3,7,10,11 ($0.50 Pick 3 = $30 Ticket)
Favorite Multi-Race Wagers at Evangeline Downs
- Pick 3 (Races 1-2-3): 3,4,5,7,9 / 1,4,5,6,7,8 / 7,8 ($0.50 Pick 3 = $30 Ticket)
- Daily Double (Races 4 and 5): 3,5 / 2,3,4,7,11 ($2.50 Daily Double = $25 Ticket)