NBA Finals First Basket Props & Picks: Jaylen Brown, Andrew Wiggins Lead Top Bets for Game 4
Maddie Meyer/Getty Images. Pictured: Andrew Wiggins #22 of the Golden State Warriors.
- The Warriors and Celtics face off in an important NBA Finals matchup at TD Garden in Boston.
- Who will score the first basket in Game 4? Our analysts has four picks for tonight's game.
- Find out why he's high on Andrew Wiggins, Jaylen Brown and more.
NBA First Basket will break down some of his favorite NBA plays of the day here, and will track all his bets in The Action Network app.
Jaylen Brown | Jayson Tatum | Andrew Wiggins
|Prop||Brown (+1200, +1100) | Tatum (+2400) | Wiggins (+3400)|
|Matchup||Warriors vs. Celtics|
|Time||9 p.m. ET|
Game 4 of the NBA finals takes place on Friday night with just one day of rest in between the previous game. Robert Williams (59% win rate) will once again be taking on Kevon Looney (33% win rate) in the opening tip-off. Williams has won three of his five tip-offs against Looney this season, but Looney won the tip in Game 3 — if you rewatch it, the tip was quite awkward.
Boston is the top team in the league at scoring first, doing so 63% of the time. Meanwhile, Golden State is below league average and scores first 40% of the time. Boston has been more successful than Golden State at scoring first in the playoffs, but Golden State has scored first in all three games this series.
I’m still focusing on Boston for Game 4, but will sprinkle a play on Golden State based on the first three games. Both teams have heavily relied on the 3-point method for first baskets against each other. Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum exact method — 3-point basket are my favorite plays for Friday. I’m also adding Brown exact method: other prop and Andrew Wiggins exact method: 3-point basket. I may look to add another play closer to game time.
As for my reasoning, Wiggins is averaging taking one of the Warriors’ first three shots over the past 14 games and 62% of those early attempts were 3-point shots. Brown was the leader in first baskets during the regular season and has scored the first points for Boston in seven of their 21 playoff games while Tatum has scored the first points in five of those games.
- Jaylen Brown Exact Method: 3-pointer (+1200, Risk 0.75 units, play to +1000)
- Jaylen Brown Exact Method: Other (+1100, Risk 0.35 units, play to +1000)
- Jayson Tatum Exact Method: 3-pointer (+2400, Risk 0.3 units, play to +1800)
- Andrew Wiggins Exact Method: 3-pointer (+3400, Risk 0.2 units, play to +2700)
Warriors vs. Celtics First Basket Data
Get NBA First Basket’s bets instantly in The Action Network app.