Betting Odds: Arizona Cardinals (-2) at Dallas Cowboys
- Arizona Cardinals Moneyline: -140
- Dallas Cowboys Moneyline: +120
- Over/Under: 40.5
- Kickoff: Aug. 26, 2018 – 8:00 p.m. ET
The Cardinals are expected to turn to captain-checkdown Sam Bradford or 10th-overall pick Josh Rosen for the majority of Sunday’s game. Both quarterbacks seem to possess the ability to challenge defenses all over the field, but Arizona’s leaky offensive line certainly won’t make things easy:
- 26th in adjusted sack rate in 2017 (Football Outsiders)
- 27th overall unit entering 2018 (Pro Football Focus)
- C A.Q. Shipley is already out for the season with a torn ACL
Additionally, Bradford and Rosen’s options beyond Larry Fitzgerald are incredibly raw.
- Second-round rookie Christian Kirk is presently working behind Fitz in the slot
- DFS cult heroes Brice Butler and J.J. Nelson have zero combined season with 600+ yards or 35+ receptions
- 2017 third-round pick Chad Williams had just five total touches as a rookie
The Cardinals-Cowboys’ total has dropped heavily since opening at 43.5 with 74% of public tickets and 93% of the money coming in on the under.
Both Ezekiel Elliott and Dak Prescott are expected to rest Sunday night. The Cowboys have since fallen from -3 favorites, but it’s easy to see why the rest is warranted: Their all-world offensive line is currently in shambles.
- LT Tyron Smith is dealing with a hamstring injury as well as chronic back issues
- C Travis Frederick is out indefinitely with Guillain-Barré syndrome
- RG Zack Martin is dealing with a bone bruise and hyper-extended left knee
- RT La’el Collins has a sore ankle/calf
The offense is pretty much settled elsewhere – except at tight end. The likes of Blake Jarwin, Geoff Swaim, and Dalton Schultz have all been dubbed the likely Week 1 starter at some point this offseason, but perhaps no receiver on the roster carries as much upside as Rico Gathers. The former Baylor basketball star is 6-foot-6 and 275-pounds of pure athleticism.