Patriots vs. Giants Preseason Betting Odds: Cody Latimer Playing for New York’s WR3 Job
Noah K. Murray-USA TODAY Sports. Credit: Cody Latimer
Betting Odds: New England Patriots at New York Giants (-2.5)
- New England Patriots Moneyline: +120
- New York Giants Moneyline: -140
- Over/Under: 38.5
- Kickoff: Aug. 30, 2018 – 7 p.m. ET
New England Patriots
The Patriots are expected to roll with their backups on Thursday night, but the team’s plan at running back is still unclear entering Week 1.
- Rex Burkhead is reportedly set up for a big role during Julian Edelman’s absence, but the fantasy-friendly back has missed time with a knee injury.
- First-rounder Sony Michel recently returned to practice and is primed to work as the offense’s early down back between the 20s.
- James White is once again locked in as Tom Brady’s pass-down back.
- Brandon Bolden will be active on Sundays thanks to his special teams ability.
- Jeremy Hill has seemingly separated himself from Mike Gillislee, but it’s unclear whether the Patriots will keep five active running backs on game day.
New York Giants
The Giants made Odell Beckham Jr. football’s highest-paid receiver on Monday. He’s coming off a broken ankle, but is fully expected to start Week 1. He’ll be flanked by Sterling Shepard, but it’s still unclear who the Giants plan on featuring as their No. 3 receiver.
Evan Engram spent only 29.7% of his snaps in the slot or as a wide receiver, so Cody Latimer, Roger Lewis, Travis Rudolph and Russell Shepard could find themselves fighting for a job on Thursday night.
Eighty-five percent of public tickets and 78% of the money have come in on the under.
See Ian’s Bets for Preseason Games in Our Free App