Oscar Best Makeup and Hairstyling Predictions, Odds: Can Cruella Beat Eyes of Tammy Faye? Picks For All 2022 Nominees
AaronP/Bauer-Griffin/GC Images. Pictured: A billboard for Cruella in Hollywood.
- In search of Best Makeup and Hairstyling nominees at the 2022 Oscars? Find all five films and their odds below.
- Our analysts also make their betting predictions for Best Makeup and Hairstyling, featuring picks on Cruella and Coming 2 America.
Best Makeup and Hairstyling Nominee Odds
|The Eyes of Tammy Faye||-280||73.68%|
|Coming 2 America||+1000||9.09%|
|House of Gucci||+2000||4.76%|
|Oscar odds for Best Makeup and Hairstyling nominees via DraftKings and as of March 26.|
Best Makeup and Hairstyling Predictions
Collin Whitchurch: The guild that gives out awards for Makeup and Hairstyle, the MUAHS — yes, that’s a real acronym — breaks its individual top prizes into both makeup and hairstyling, and does so for a variety of genres.
Thus, going off the history there can be convoluted. However, it’s worth noting that of the four major awards handed down this year, two went to Coming 2 America, one went to Cruella and one went to Being the Ricardos (not nominated). So we have some value here on a few underdogs.
The Eyes of Tammy Faye is favored, but it’s worth sprinkling a bit on both Cruella (+500) and Coming 2 America (+1200) because this is about as unpredictable of a category as you’re going to find.
Picks: Cruella +500; Coming 2 America +1200
Chris Raybon: The eyes of Tammy Faye were heavily caked in makeup, which should lead to a win here. The film’s Gold Derby support is nearly 100%, while the listed odds imply just a 73.7% probability, indicating massive value despite the juice. Still…the juice.
More 2022 Oscar Predictions
- A Guide To Betting Every Category: Senior editor Collin Whitchurch breaks down his take on every category, including which are worth betting vs. passing.
- Gold Derby Experts vs. the Odds: Senior betting analyst Chris Raybon compares predictions by Gold Derby's experts and editors to the odds in order to identify potential values.
- 5 More Best Bets: Senior betting analyst Collin Wilson reveals his picks for both supporting actor awards, plus Best Picture and Best Adapted Screenplay.