Promoguy’s Vegas Fantasy Football Rankings, Week 17
Photo by Michael Reaves/Getty Images. Pictured: Brian Robinson.
We debuted Vegas-style fantasy football rankings prior to this NFL season.
We used season-long prop lines for each player to project fantasy points, using the wisdom-of-the-crowds approach embedded in betting markets to find players undervalued and overvalued by fantasy experts.
For example: if a receiver was listed at 6 catches, 60 yards and 0.5 TDs in the prop market, he’d be projected for 15 points in full PPR, and 9 points in standard formats.
Unfortunately, many sportsbooks are missing reception props this week, so we’re only able to provide standard scoring for WRs and TEs, not PPR. For running backs, we still have PPR.
- Gardner Minshew is still a viable starter at QB11. Teddy Bridgewater on the other hand is QB20, so there may be better Tua Tagovailoa replacements out there.
- Justin Fields and Jared Goff are both top 6 options in a game with a high total in Detroit.
- Our rankings still like Aaron Jones more than AJ Dillon, despite Dillon’s four-game touchdown streak and Jones’ injury.
- Rhamondre Stevenson is nursing an ankle injury and he’s all the way down at RB19 in PPR.
- Brian Robinson Jr. is all the way up to RB3 in standard and RB6 in PPR against a leaky Browns run defense.
- Dolphins receivers Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle are lower than normal in a tough matchup against the Patriots in New England.
- Terry McLaurin is holding strong at WR17, even with Carson Wentz at quarterback.
- Garrett Wilson is WR11 against the Seahawks, while JuJu Smith-Schuster cracks the top of the board at WR12.
- Travis Kelce is the clear No. 1 per usual, but Evan Engram has moved to the No. 2 spot ahead of George Kittle.
- Mark Andrews is all the way down at TE6.
- Tyler Higbee has also moved up after a strong game last week, to TE7.