2018 Ryder Cup Preview: Alex Noren Is Sneaky Bet Given Le Golf National History
Apr 6, 2018; Augusta, GA, USA; Alex Noren chips onto the 2nd green during the second round of the Masters golf tournament at Augusta National Golf Club. Mandatory Credit: Rob Schumacher-USA TODAY Sports
For betting odds and analysis of all 24 golfers in the 2018 Ryder Cup field, check out this page.
Alex Noren’s Ryder Cup Betting Odds
- Odds to be highest-scoring golfer: +2800
- Odds to be highest-scoring team member: +1400
- Point total odds: 1.5 (o +140, u -180)
- Ryder Cup appearances: 0
- Ryder Cup match play history: N/A
- Ryder Cup foursome history: N/A
- Ryder Cup fourball history: N/A
>> Sign up for The Action Network’s daily newsletter to get the smartest conversation delivered into your inbox each morning.
Alex Noren’s Ryder Cup Outlook
Best asset: Confidence. When the European Tour went to Le Golf National this year, Alex Noren claimed the title. He’s got the game to play well here obviously, and he’s a guy Europe can pair with pretty much anyone. He’s got a solid overall game that should fit with any format if he’s playing well.
Worst asset: Recent form. Since the win in France, Noren has been quiet this summer. He was a play I pegged early in the year to have some success at the majors, but it just didn’t happen for him. He’s not playing terribly or anything, but the results have been nothing to get excited about, either.
Ryder Cup Confidence Rating: 5 out of 10. Noren is really a 50/50 proposition for me. Form isn’t great, but he has won on this course. So it comes down to what trumps the other. If Le Golf National is just Noren’s track, he could be a big-time contributor. If that was just a good week and his recent form carries over, he’s a guy the U.S. could grab some points against.
Expert Predictions: Over/Under 1.5 Points
Alex Noren’s Metrics
Here’s how Noren ranks in the Ryder Cup field in several key metrics.
- Strokes Gained: Total: 20th in world, 13th in field
- Strokes Gained: Tee-to-Green: 74th in world, 22nd in field
- Strokes Gained: Approach: 73rd in world, 17th in field
- Strokes Gained: Putting: 5th in world, 1st in field
Want more Ryder Cup coverage? Check out this page for tips on the 24 golfers in the field.