Gary Woodland 2019 British Open Betting Odds, Preview: Steer Clear Based on Poor Open History
Kyle Terada-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Gary Woodland reacts after making a birdie during the second round of the 2019 U.S. Open golf tournament at Pebble Beach.
Gary Woodland 2019 British Open Odds
- Odds to Win British Open: 50-1
- DFS Pricing: $8,200 DraftKings; $10,000 FanDuel
- Tee Times: 5:09 a.m. ET Thursday; 10:10 a.m. ET Friday
Woodland has been inside the top eight in three of his last four majors, including a win last month at the U.S. Open. It’s hard to knock his recent play, and the data backs that up. He’s top-15 in the field in Recent Adjusted Round Score, and he’s second in Total Driving and 17th in Strokes Gained: Approach this year.
That said, the results at past British Opens have been uninspiring to say the least, and he’s been fairly boom-or-bust with his accuracy off the tee and especially the short game. The putter is always hit-or-miss with him, and recently he’s really struggled to scramble well, which could be important depending on the weather here. He’ll likely be a bit over-owned in DFS, and he’s not someone I’m looking to bet given his history at Opens, so I’ll pass on exposure this week.
Gary Woodland British Open Statistical Profile
The below numbers outline where Gary Woodland ranks among the other 139 top British Open competitors in a series of key statistical categories from our FantasyLabs Models.
- Long-Term Adjusted Round Score: 22
- Long-Term Greens in Regulation: 35
- Long-Term Driving Accuracy: 32
- Recent Adjusted Round Score: 15
- Recent Greens in Regulation: 34
- Total Driving: 2
- Strokes Gained — Approach: 17