Paul Casey 2019 PGA Championship Betting Odds, Preview: Struggling in Strong Fields
Jim Dedmon-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Paul Casey
Paul Casey 2019 PGA Championship Betting Odds
- Odds to Win PGA Championship: 50-1
- DFS Pricing: $8,300 DraftKings; $10,000 FanDuel
- Tee Times: 12:32 p.m. ET Thursday, 7:07 a.m. Friday
- PGA History (2014-2018): CUT, T30, T10, T13, CUT
Casey’s odds of around 50-1 to win are intriguing given his long-term talent across his career. But I’m worried about his form and he’s not a great fit at Bethpage.
Casey has some strong finishes this season, notably winning Valspar in March. In fact, he’s had five top-5 finishes over his last eight tournaments. But in the two strongest fields (and toughest courses) — The Masters and Players — he missed the cut badly.
The PGA Championship has been his worst major, as he’s more of a pure ball-striker than a guy who is going to gain strokes off the tee. He has just one top 10 at this event in his 16 appearances.
In his two visits to Bethpage, he has a 31st and a missed cut. There are golfers with similar numbers I’m way more interested in like Hideki Matsuyama and Bubba Watson, so I’ll be passing on Casey exposure this week.
Paul Casey Statistical Profile
The below numbers outline where Paul Casey ranks among the other 160 PGA Championship competitors in a series of key statistical categories from our FantasyLabs Models.
- Long-Term Adj Rd Score: 18
- Long-Term Greens in Regulation: 49
- Long-Term Driving Distance: 52
- Recent Adj Rd Score: 98
- Strokes Gained — Overall: 20
- Strokes Gained — Tee-to-Green: 9