Webb Simpson 2019 U.S. Open Betting Odds, Preview: Flying Under the Radar
Peter Casey, USA Today Sports.
Webb Simpson 2019 U.S. Open Odds
- Odds to Win U.S. Open: 50-1
- DFS Pricing: $7,700 DraftKings; $9,600 FanDuel
- Tee Times: 4:47 p.m. ET Thursday; 11:02 a.m. ET Friday
A former U.S. Open champ – in NorCal, no less – who hasn’t finished outside the top-30 in a stroke-play event in three months, Simpson probably isn’t receiving enough attention or respect entering this week, but he should be amongst the relevant contenders.
He ranks in the upper tier on the PGA Tour in strokes gained tee to green, approaches and around the green – the latter of which could be a key to scrambling around to remain on the leaderboard. Simpson might not replicate his 2012 victory at Olympic Club, but this should be a more comfortable setup for him than many others.
Webb Simpson Statistical Profile
The below numbers outline where Webb Simpson ranks among the other 164 U.S. Open competitors in a series of key statistical categories from our FantasyLabs Models.
- Long-Term Adjusted Round Score: 10
- Recent Adjusted Round Score: 8
- Recent Greens in Regulation: 45
- Strokes Gained — Tee-to-Green: 16
- Strokes Gained — Approach: 16