NBA Finals First Basket Props: Top Picks for Game 6 Include Brown, Tatum & Wiggins (June 16)
Garrett Ellwood/NBAE via Getty Images. Pictured: Jayson Tatum #0 and Jaylen Brown #7 of the Boston Celtics.
- Five different players have scored first in the NBA Finals so far, and NBA First Basket breaks down who will score first in Game 6.
- He's eying plays on a trio of Celtics and Andrew Wiggins.
- Check out NBA First Basket's picks and analysis below.
NBA First Basket will break down some of his favorite NBA plays of the day here, and will track all his bets in The Action Network app.
Jaylen Brown | Jayson Tatum | Andrew Wiggins | Robert Williams
|Prop||Brown (+1400) | Tatum (+950) | Wiggins (+2400) | Williams (+2400)|
|Matchup||Warriors vs. Celtics|
|Time||9 p.m. ET|
Game 6 of the NBA finals takes place Thursday night in Boston with the Celtics facing elimination. Robert Williams (59% Win Rate) will take on Draymond Green (33% Win Rate) in the opening tip-off. Williams has won one of two tip-offs against Green this season.
Boston is first in the league at scoring first, doing so 63% of the time, while Golden State is below the league average and scores first only 40% of the time. Boston has been more successful than Golden State has at scoring first in the playoffs, but Golden State has scored first in four of the five games this series.
This series has been extremely difficult to predict with five different players scoring first in this series. The one constant has been Jaylen Brown taking the first Boston shot and scoring the first team basket for in three of the five games in the series. We’ll be stepping back our risk today due to results from the first five games in the series. Expect Boston to win today to push the series to Game 7.
Nonetheless, I still love the Brown and Andrew Wiggins 3-pointer exact method plays at +1400 and +2400, respectively. I’ll also be playing Jayson Tatum first basket and Celtics to win outright in a parlay at +950. Tatum didn’t attempt a shot in Game 5 until the 2:06 mark in the first quarter, and I think Boston will emphasize putting the ball in his hands early today.
Lastly, I’m throwing in Robert Williams layup exact method for first basket as Kevon Looney is not likely to start – I could see a lob pass to Williams from Marcus Smart or Tatum if they get downhill into the lane.
- Jaylen Brown Exact Method: 3-pointer (+1400, Risk 0.3 units, play to +1200)
- Jayson Tatum First Basket and Celtics to Win Parlay (+950, Risk 0.4 units, play to +850)
- Andrew Wiggins Exact Method: 3-pointer (+2400, Risk 0.2 units, play to +2100)
- Robert Williams Exact Method: layup (+2400, Risk 0.2 units, play to +2100)
Get NBA First Basket’s bets instantly in The Action Network app.