European Soccer Forecast: Projected Odds, Totals for Weekend Premier League, Bundesliga, Serie A & More (April 2-5)
Urbanandsport/NurPhoto via Getty Images. Pictured: Lionel Messi.
The international break is finally over and club soccer finally returns to Europe’s major five leagues this weekend. There are a handful of huge matches with title implications coming up, so we’re set up for a fantastic slate of soccer.
With how busy the European soccer calendar is at the moment and players traveling back from international duty, managers might be rotating their squads to rest some players. It might be a good idea to wait to place a wager until starting lineups come out one hour before kickoff.
You can use these projections to identify betting value on current lines, plus follow me in The Action Network App to see any bets I make throughout the week.
Premier League Notes
- Leicester vs. Manchester City: The Foxes look to solidify their spot inside the Premier League’s top four when they take on leaders Manchester City. Leicester are on a decent run of form domestically, with only one loss in their last eight matches. However, they haven’t been very dominant at the King Power Stadium, where they’ve only accrued 22 points in 14 matches. Manchester City, meanwhile, are cruising to the Premier League title, 14 points ahead of Manchester United with eight matches left to play. Leicester handed City one of their few losses of the season back in September, a 5-2 at the Etihad Stadium.
- Arsenal vs. Liverpool: One of the most historic rivalries in English soccer commences on Saturday afternoon at the Emirates. Arsenal and Liverpool are both currently outside the top six and desperate for points to qualify for European football next season. Liverpool are on a terrible run of form, with only two wins in their last eight Premier League matches. However, the Reds have dominated Arsenal over the past half decade, as the Gunners only have one win over Liverpool in Premier League play since 2015.
Premier League Injury News
- Arsenal: Bukayo Saka (LM) and Emile Smith Rowe (CAM) are questionable to play against Liverpool.
- Brighton: Tariq Lamptey (RB), Solly March (LB) and Adam Webster (CB) are out against Manchester United.
- Burnley: Jack Cork (CM) and Robbie Brady (LM) are questionable to play against Southampton. Ashley Barnes (ST) is out.
- Chelsea: N’Golo Kante (CM) and Callum Hudson-Odoi (RW) are questionable to play against West Brom. Tammy Abraham (ST) is out.
- Crystal Palace: James McArthur (CM) and Mamadou Sahko (CB) are out against Everton.
- Everton: Jordan Pickford (GK) and Abdoulaye Doucoure (CM) are out against Crystal Palace. Tom Davies (CM) and Fabian Delph (CM) are questionable.
- Fulham: Tom Cairney (CAM) is out against Aston Villa.
- Leicester: James Justin (LB) and Harvey Barnes (LM) are out against Manchester City.
- Liverpool: Jordan Henderson (CM), Joel Matip (CB), Joe Gomez (CB) and Virgil van Djik (CB) are out against Arsenal.
- Manchester United: Marcus Rashford (ST) and Anthony Martial (ST) are questionable to play against Brighton. Mason Greenwood (RM) is out.
- Newcastle: Allan Saint-Maximin (ST), Fabian Schär (CB) and Callum Wilson (ST) are out against Tottenham.
- Sheffield United: Sander Berge (CM), Chris Basham (CB), John Egan (CB) and Jack O’Connell (CB) are out against Leeds.
- Southampton: Oriol Romeu (CM) is out against Burnley.
- Tottenham: Heung-Min Son (LM), Sergio Reguilon (RB) and Matt Doherty (RB) are questionable to play against Newcastle. Ben Davies (LB) is out.
- West Ham: Arthur Masuaku (LB) is questionable to play against Wolves. Angelo Ogbonna (CB) is out.
- Wolves: Daniel Podence (ST) is questionable to play against West Ham. Raul Jimenez (ST) is out.
- Dortmund vs. Eintracht Frankfurt: Dortmund is on the outside looking in at the Bundesliga’s top four, trailing Frankfurt by four points. This match could go a long way in deciding Champions League qualification next season. Dortmund have been red hot at Signal Iduna Park of late, going unbeaten over their last six matches. Frankfurt is one of best stories in the Bundesliga this season, having won nine times in 10 matches over a two-month span from December to February.
- RB Leipzig vs. Bayern Munich: The Bundesliga title may be on the line Saturday when RB Leipzig hosts league-leading Bayern Munich. Leipzig trail Bayern by four points, so a loss would put them seven points off the pace with seven matches remaining. RB Leipzig has hung with Bayern Munich in the past, drawing 3-3 at the Allianz Arena earlier this season, and since 2018, Bayern only has one win versus Die Roten Bullen.
Bundesliga Injury News
- Arminia Bielefeld: Amos Pieper (CB) is out against Mainz.
- Augsburg: Iago (LWB) is questionable to play against Hoffenheim.
- Bayer Leverkusen: Lars Bender (CDM), Daley Sinkgraven (LB) and Moussa Diaby (LM) are questionable against Schalke.
- Bayern Munich: Jerome Boateng (CB), Alphonso Davies (LB), Robert Lewandowski (ST) and Douglas Costa (LM) are out against RB Leipzig.
- Borussia Dortmund: Jadon Sancho (RM) and Axel Witsel (CM) are out against Frankfurt. Emre Can (CM) is questionable.
- Frankfurt: Makoto Hasebe (CM) is out against Dortmund.
- Freiburg: Nicolas Hofler (CM) is out against Gladbach.
- Gladbach: Ramy Bensebaini (LB) and Jonas Hofmann (LM) are out against
- Hertha Berlin: Vladimir Darida (CM) is out against Union Berlin.
- Hoffenheim: Andrej Kramaric (ST) is out against Augsburg.
- Koln: Sebastian Bornauw (CB) and Noah Klatterbach (LB) are out against Wolfsburg.
- RB Leipzig: Angelino (LB) is questionable to play against Arminia Bielefeld. Dayot Upamecano (CB) and Kevin Kampl (CM) are out.
- Schalke: Matija Nastasic (CB) is out against Leverkusen.
- Union Berlin: Taiwo Awoniyi (ST) is questionable to play against Hertha Berlin.
- Vfb Stuttgart: Orel Mangala (CM) is questionable to play against Werder Bremen. Silas Wamangituka (RM) is out.
- Werder Bremen: Josh Sargent (ST) and Milos Veljkovic (CB) are out against Vfb Stuttgart.
- Wolfsburg: Renato Steffen (LM) and Paulo Otavio (LB) are out against Koln.
Serie A Injury News
- AC Milan: Mario Mandzukic (ST) is questionable to play against Sampdoria. Alessio Romagnoli (CB) is out.
- Atalanta: Robin Gosens (LWB) is out against Udinese.
- Bologna: Aaron Hickey (LB) and Lukasz Skorupski (GK) are out against Inter.
- Crotone: Sebastiano Luperto (CB) is questionable to play against Napoli.
- Inter: Arturo Vidal (CM) is out against Sassuolo. Stefan de Vrij (CB) is questionable.
- Juventus: Leonardo Bonucci (CB) and Alex Sandro (LB) are questionable to play against Torino.
- Lazio: Luis Alberto (CM) and Luiz Felipe (CB) are out against Spezia.
- Parma: Andrea Conti (RB) and Simone Iacoponi (CB) are questionable to play against Benevento. Giuseppe Pezzella (LB) is out.
- Roma: Gonzalo Villar (CM) and Roger Ibanez (CB) are out against Sassuolo. Henrikh Mkhitaryan (CAM) and Jordan Veretout (CM) are questionable.
- Sampdoria: Albin Ekdal (CM) and Lorenzo Tonelli (CB) are questionable to play against AC Milan.
- Sassuolo: Francesco Caputo (ST) is out against Roma. Domenico Berardi (RM) is questionable.
- Torino: Nicolas N’Koulou (CB) and Wilfried Singo (RW) are questionable to play against Juventus.
- Udinese: Ignacio Pussetto (ST) is questionable to play against Atalanta.
La Liga Notes
- Sevilla vs. Atletico Madrid: Atletico Madrid’s lead atop the La Liga standings is starting to dwindle, so they need all three points against Sevilla on Sunday. Sevilla has been one of the toughest teams to beat at home this year, as they’re tied with Barcelona for the second most home points this season. It’s been almost five years since Sevilla defeated Atletico in La Liga play, so they will have their work cut out for them.
La Liga Injury News
- Atletico Madrid: Joao Felix (ST) is questionable to play against Sevilla. Yannick Carrasco (LM) is out.
- Barcelona: Philippe Coutinho (CAM) and Ansu Fati (LW) are questionable to play against Real Valladolid.
- Cadiz: Anthony Lazano (ST) is questionable to play against Valencia.
- Celta Vigo: Nestor Araujo (CB) and Ruben Blanco (GK) are questionable to play against Alaves.
- Eibar: Pedro Bigas (CM) is questionable to play against Real Madrid. Yoshinori Muto (ST) is out.
- Elche: Lucas Boye (ST) is out against Real Betis.
- Getafe: Erick Cabaco (CB) is out against Osasuna.
- Granada: Dimitri Foulquier (RB) is questionable to play against Villarreal. Luis Milla (CAM) is out.
- Levante: Gonzalo Melero (CM) is questionable to play against Huesca. Jorge Miramon (RB) and Nikola Vukcevic (CM) are out.
- Real Madrid: Federico Valverde (CM) and Toni Kroos (CM) are questionable to play against Eibar. Eden Hazard (LW) and Sergio Ramos (CB) are out.
- Real Valladolid: Fabian Orellana (RM) is out against Barcelona. Joaquin Fernandez (CB) is questionable.
- Valencia: Eliaquim Mangala (CB) is questionable to play against Cadiz. Jasper Cillessen (GK) is out.
Ligue 1 Notes
- PSG vs. Lille: The Ligue 1 title could be potentially on the line Saturday when the top two teams in France battle it out at Parc des Princes. PSG and Lille are tied on points at the top of the table, with only has eight matches left in the season, so if either team walks away with three points they’ll be in the catbirds seat heading into the final stretch. Lille held PSG to a 0-0 draw earlier this season, which is not surprising since they have the best defensive record in Europe.
Ligue 1 Injury News
- Angers: Rachid Alioui (CM) is questionable to play against Montpellier.
- Bordeaux: Hatem Ben Arfa (CAM) and Otávio (CDM) are questionable to play against Angers. Loris Benito (LB) and Samuel Kalu (LM) are out.
- Brest: Christophe Herelle (CB) and Ronael Pierre-Gabriel (RB) are questionable to play against Lorient.
- Dijon: Didier Ndong (CM) is out against Marseille.
- Lens: Facundo Medina (CB) is out against Lyon.
- Lorient: Jeremy Morel (CB) and Vincent Le Goff (LB) are questionable to play against Brest.
- Marseille: Duje Caleta-Car (CB) is out against Dijon. Alvaro Gonzalez (CB) is questionable.
- Metz: Opa Nguette (LW) is questionable to play against Monaco. Alexandre Oukidja (GK) is out.
- Monaco: Aurelien Tchouameni (CM) is out against Metz.
- Nantes: Sebastien Corchia (RB) is questionable to play against Nice.
- Nice: Morgan Schneiderlin (CM) is out against Nantes. William Saliba (CB) is questionable.
- Nimes: Anthony Briancon (CB) is questionable to play against Saint Etienne. Lamine Fomba (CM) is out.
- PSG: Marco Verratti (CM) and Marco Icardi (ST) are questionable to play against Lille.
- Reims: Yunis Abdelhamid (CB) is out against Rennes.
- Rennes: Jeremy Doku (RW) is out against Reims.
- Saint Etienne: Arnaud Norin (RM), Adil Aouchiche (CAM), Jesse Moulin (GK) and Romain Hamouma (ST) are questionable to play against Nimes.
- Strasbourg: Alexander Djiku (CB) and Mohamed Simakan (CB) are questionable to play against Bordeaux.