New York Guardians XFL Betting Preview: Odds, Picks, Predictions, Depth Chart, More
Dustin Bradford/Getty Images. Pictured: Matt McGloin
New York Guardians Odds, Picks, Predictions & Depth Chart
Betting on the XFL? Our crew is here to guide you through what you need to know about all eight teams.
Below you’ll find odds, depth charts and more analysis for the New York Guardians.
New York Guardians XFL Championship Odds
- Championship Odds: +430
Odds as of Thursday and via FanDuel, where Action Network users get a risk-free bet up to $500.
New York Guardians Offensive Depth Chart & Analysis
- QB: Matt McGloin, Marquise Williams, Luis Perez
- RB: Tim Cook, Darius Victor, Justin Stockton, Matthew Colburn
- WR: Mekale McKay, Austin Duke, Colby Pearson, Teo Redding, Joe Horn Jr., Justice Liggins
- TE: Jake Powell, Jake Sutherland, E.J. Bibbs, Keenen Brown
- LT: Jarron Jones, Brant Weiss
- LG: Anthony Coyle
- C: Ian Silberman, Damien Mama
- RG: Garrett Brumfield, Avery Young
- RT: John Kling
The Guardians have some fascinating offensive pieces, starting with McGloin, who impressed as a walk-on at Penn State but never managed to take the next step in the NFL. After getting a chance in his rookie season, he has done little since, so he looks to get his next opportunity in the XFL.
The receiving group is led by McKay, who impressed last year in the AAF, but after him, there are question marks at wide receiver and tight end. At running back, no single player stands out, and we know from head coach Kevin Gilbride’s time with the Giants that he usually likes to lean on multiple backs.
New York Guardians Defensive Depth Chart & Analysis
- DE: Bunmi Rotimi, Cavon Walker, Charles Wright, Jarrell Owens, Ryan Mueller
- DT: Joey Mbu, T.J. Barnes, Toby Johnson
- LB: Ben Heeney, D’Juan Hines, Garrett Dooley, Frank Ginda, Jawuan Johnson, Nick Deluca
- CB: Jamar Summers, Bryce Jones, Dravon Askew-Henry, Terrence Alexander, Ranthony Texada, Dejuan Neal
- S: Andrew Soroh, A.J. Hendy, Demetrious Cox, Wesley Sutton
This group is a reasonably big question mark, as very few of the players have more than a modicum of NFL experience. At middle linebacker, Heeney is the most experienced player in the front seven, and even he has just 55 NFL tackles. This unit has a lot to prove.
New York Guardians Pick
Pick: Stay Away
In the futures market, the Guardians have some of the shortest odds to win the championship, but their talent almost certainly doesn’t matchup with the money that’s been bet on them.
For Week 1, they have opened as 2.5-point underdogs at home against the Tampa Bay Vipers, who have longer odds to win the championship at a number of sportsbooks. That says it all.