Oct 2, 2016; Chaska, MN, USA; Patrick Reed of the United States reacts to a putt on the first green during the single matches in 41st Ryder Cup Hazeltine National Golf Club. Mandatory Credit: John David Mercer-USA TODAY Sport
For betting odds and analysis of all 24 golfers in the 2018 Ryder Cup field, check out this page.
Patrick Reed’s Ryder Cup Betting Odds
- Odds to be highest-scoring golfer: +1200
- Odds to be highest-scoring team member: +700
- Point total odds: 2.5 (o +150, u -190)
- Ryder Cup appearances: 2
- Ryder Cup match play history: 2-0 (100.0%)
- Ryder Cup foursome history: 1-0-2 (100.0%)
- Ryder Cup fourball history: 3-1 (75.0%)
>> Sign up for The Action Network’s daily newsletter to get the smartest conversation delivered into your inbox each morning.
Patrick Reed’s Ryder Cup Outlook
Best asset: He’s Captain America! For years, the U.S. side needed a fiery foil to European lightning rod Ian Poulter, and they’ve found it in Reed, who similarly channels a level of emotion and passion that remains unparalleled from his teammates’.
Worst asset: Recent form. Since winning the Masters in April, it’s been only a so-so year for Reed, who hasn’t exactly struggled but hasn’t played his best golf, either.
Ryder Cup Confidence Rating: 8 out of 10. Undoubtedly paired with Jordan Spieth once again, Reed should own a strong comfort level in a decidedly uncomfortable environment. Don’t be surprised to see him shushing the European galleries throughout the weekend.
Expert Predictions: Over/Under 2.5 Points
Patrick Reed’s Metrics
Here’s how Reed ranks in the Ryder Cup field in several key metrics.
- Strokes Gained: Total: 35th in world, 20th in field
- Strokes Gained: Tee-to-Green: 38th in world, 18th in field
- Strokes Gained: Approach: 84th in world, 20th in field
- Strokes Gained: Putting: 76th in world, 13th in field
Want more Ryder Cup coverage? Check out this page for tips on the 24 golfers in the field.