Dennis Schneidler-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Justin Thomas
In what’s become a weekly tradition as surefire as Tiger wearing red on a Sunday, The Action Network Golf Podcast crew is back with another snake draft for the Dell Technologies Championship.
This Week’s Rules
- The Rules: The participants — Peter Jennings, Jason Sobel, Drew “The Sleeze” Stoltz — can pick any golfer with their first four picks, but they have to target players with odds worse than 100-1 with their final two selections.
- The Scoring: Lowest-scoring golfer wins.
- The Stakes: A friendly $50 per man.
Northern Trust Results: Jennings won the pool with his selection of Bryson DeChambeau, who captured a four-shot victory to kick off the FedEx Cup with a bang.
Dell Technologies Championship Snake Draft
- Jason Day (Sleeze)
- Brooks Koepka (Sobel)
- Dustin Johnson (Jennings)
- Justin Thomas (Jennings)
- Tony Finau (Sobel)
- Justin Rose (Sleeze)
- Hideki Matsuyama (Sleeze)
- Tiger Woods (Sobel)
- Rory McIlroy (Jennings)
- Jordan Spieth (Jennings)
- Adam Scott (Sobel)
- Jon Rahm (Sleeze)
- Aaron Wise (Sleeze)
- Daniel Berger (Sobel)
- Gary Woodland (Jennings)
- Cameron Smith (Jennings)
- Marc Leishman (Sobel)
- Kevin Kisner (Sleeze)
The guys provided commentary on some of the players. Download the full podcast for more details on their picks.
- Jason Day
- Justin Rose: “I’ve been riding this guy all year. In my mind — probably up until a few weeks ago — the most consistent player on the planet.”
- Hideki Matsuyama
- Jon Rahm: “This is where his march to the best player of the next decade begins.”
- Aaron Wise
- Kevin Kisner: “Playing for his Ryder Cup life.”
- Brooks Koepka: “It’s about time [he] started winning non-major championships.”
- Tony Finau
- Tiger Woods: “At some point you gotta take him.”
- Adam Scott: “I still hate that putter, but that swing is still gorgeous.”
- Daniel Berger
- Marc Leishman
- Dustin Johnson
- Justin Thomas: “No wonder I can just keep printing money out. … They leave me the two favorites?”
- Rory McIlroy
- Jordan Spieth: “The spreadsheet likes my picks so far.”
- Gary Woodland
- Cameron Smith