2019 Belmont Stakes Results, Payouts: Sir Winston Upsets Tacitus, War of Will
Douglas DeFelice, USA Today Sports.
- Sir Winston, who went off at (10-1) won the 151st running of the Belmont Stakes.
- Tacitus, the morning-line favorite, finished second and Joevia finished in third.
- A $2 exacta paid out $96 and a $1 trifecta paid out $1,244.
Sir Winston, who went off at 10-1, won the 151st running of the Belmont Stakes, defeating morning-line favorite Tacitus by a couple of lengths.
It was the second win of the Triple Crown for Sir Winston’s trainer Mark Casse, who also trains War of Will. The Preakness winner didn’t hit the board.
There was not much buzz surrounding Sir Winston heading into the race but he did shorten to 10-1, his morning-line odds were 12-1, before the race.
It was a bad Triple Crown for the chalk as all three races featured upsets and Sir Winston was the second horse at double digit odds to win a Triple Crown race.
No. 1 Joevia, the biggest longshot in the field at 18-1, hit the board by finishing third followed by No. 4 Tax.
Check out the rest of the results and payouts below.
2019 Belmont Stakes Results, Payouts
- Win: No. 7 Sir Winston (10-1)
- Place: No. 10 Tacitus (2-1)
- Show: No. 1 Joevia (18-1)
Here are the payouts, exactas and superfectas:
- Exacta: 7-10, $2 wins $96
- Trifecta: 7-10-1, $1 wins $1,244
- Superfecta: 7-10-1-4, $1 wins $10,428