Champions League Semifinal Opening Betting Odds for Barcelona-Liverpool, Tottenham-Ajax
Getty Images. Pictured: Barcelona’s Leo Messi
- The Champions League semifinal is set to begin Tuesday, April 30 with first leg matchups between Barcelona-Liverpool and Tottenham-Ajax.
- Barcelona are favored to advance past Liverpool but Ajax-Tottenham is a toss-up, based on the betting odds.
After a wild Round of 16 and Quarterfinal, the Champions League Semifinal has been set with Barcelona taking on Liverpool and Tottenham playing Ajax.
To Advance: Barcelona -150, Liverpool +125
First Leg (at Barcelona): Barcelona-130, Liverpool +330, Draw +260
The first leg will be played Wednesday, May 1 in Barcelona. The return leg will be played Tuesday, May 7 in Liverpool.
These are the top-two teams remaining in the Champions League and the winner of this match-up will be favored in the final.
To Advance: Tottenham -110, Ajax -110
First Leg (at Tottenham): Tottenham +125, Ajax +230, Draw +225
The first leg will be played Tuesday, April 30 at Tottenham and the return leg will be played Wednesday, May 8 at Ajax.
I figured the market would open this match-up as a pick ’em, although I could see Ajax closing as the favorites to advance heading into the first leg in London.
Keep in mind Spurs will be without Heung-min Son (suspension) for the first leg and Harry Kane (ankle) for the rest of the tournament.
Champions League Title Odds
- Barcelona (+155) remain the favorites after Manchester City were upset by Tottenham in the quarterfinal.
- Liverpool’s highest odds to win the UCL reached +1200 during the tournament.
- Tottenham were available at +2800 before the Round of 16 and were still +2200 heading into the quarterfinal against Man City.
- Ajax were 250-1 before the competition started and still being offered at 250-1 in February prior to the Round of 16.