European Soccer Forecast: Projected Odds, Totals for Midweek Premier League, Serie A, La Liga & More (May 11-13)
Matthew Ashton – AMA/Getty Images. Pictured: Paul Pogba.
The European soccer calendar is in a sprint to the finish, as we have a flurry of midweek fixtures in the Premier League, Bundesliga, Serie A, and La Liga. A couple of title races have already been decided, but there is a ton on the line this week across the continent.
The European soccer calendar is so congested at the moment. With some teams playing three matches in a 10-day span, some managers might rotate their squads to rest some players. It would probably be a good idea to wait until starting lineups come out an hour before kickoff before placing a wager.
You can use these projections to identify betting value on current lines, plus follow me in The Action Network App to see any bets I make throughout the week.
Premier League Notes
- Manchester United vs. Leicester: Manchester United is technically still alive in the title race but cannot drop points for the rest of the season or its rival, Manchester City, will be crowned the champion of England. This will also be the Red Devils’ third match in six days, so Ole Gunnar Solskjær may rotate some players for this match. Leicester dropped points at home against Newcastle on Friday, which has now put its top-four hopes in a little bit of jeopardy.
- Manchester United vs. Liverpool: Liverpool is desperate for three points to keep its hopes of finishing in the top four alive. This match likely won’t mean much to Manchester United as it’s locked up second place in the table and likely won’t be able to track down Manchester City for the title.
Premier League Injury News
- Arsenal: David Luiz (CB), Emile Smith Rowe (CAM), and Granit Xhaka (CM) are out against Chelsea.
- Aston Villa: Ollie Watkins (ST) and Jack Grealish (LM) is out against Everton.
- Chelsea: Mateo Kovacic (CM) is questionable to play against Arsenal. Andreas Christensen (CB) is out.
- Crystal Palace: Mamadou Sahko (CB) is out against Southampton.
- Everton: Yerry Mina (CB) is out against Aston Villa. James Rodriguez (CAM) is questionable.
- Leicester: Harvey Barnes (LM) and James Justin (LB) are out against Newcastle. Jonny Evans (CB) is questionable.
- Liverpool: Jordan Henderson (CM), Joel Matip (CB), Joe Gomez (CB), Virgil van Dijk (CB) are out against Manchester United.
- Manchester United: Anthony Martial (ST) and Harry McGuire (CB) are out against Leicester.
- Newcastle: Jamaal Lascelles (CB), Karl Darlow (GK), and Fabian Schär (CB) are out against Leicester & Liverpool.
- Southampton: Ryan Bertrand (RB) and Oriol Romeu (CM) are out against Crystal Palace. Danny Ings (ST) is questionable.
Bundesliga Injury News
- Hertha Berlin: Matheus Cunha (CAM), Matteo Guendouzi (CM), Marvin Plattenhardt (LB) and Dodi Lukebakio (ST) are out against Schalke.
- Schalke: Mark Uth (CAM), Benjamin Stambouli (CB), Omar Mascarell (CM), Mehmet-Can Aydin (RB), and Matija Nastasic (CB) are out against Hertha Berlin.
Serie A Injury News
- AC Milan: Alexis Saelemaekers (RM) and Zlatan Ibrahimovic (ST) are out against Torino.
- Benevento: Pasquale Schiattarella (CM) is out against Atalanta.
- Bologna: Aaron Hickey (LB) is questionable to play against Genoa.
- Genoa: Davide Biraschi (RM) and Domenico Criscito (CB) are questionable to play against Bologna.
- Inter: Arturo Vidal (CM) is questionable to play against Roma.
- Lazio: Lucas Leiva (CM) is out against Parma. Sergej Milinkovic-Savic (CM) is questionable.
- Napoli: Kalidou Koulibaly (CB) and Dries Mertens (CAM) are out against Udinese.
- Parma: Simone Iacoponi (CB) is questionable to play against Lazio. Dennis Man (RW) and Gaston Brugman (CM) are out.
- Roma: Jordan Veretout (CM) and Leonardo Spinazzola (LM) are questionable to play against Inter.
- Torino: Nicolas N’Koulou (CB) is out against AC Milan.
- Udinese: Gerard Deulofeu (ST) is out against Napoli. Ignacio Pussetto (ST) is questionable.
- Verona: Miguel Veloso (CM) is questionable to play against Crotone.
La Liga Injury News
- Alaves: Rodrigo Battaglia (CM) is out against Elche.
- Athletic Bilbao: Ander Capa (RB), Raul Garcia (ST), Yeray Alvarez (CB), Yuri Berchiche (LB), Dani Garcia (CM), and Iker Muniain (LW) are questionable to play against Huesca.
- Atletico Madrid: Thomas Lemar (LM) is out against Real Sociedad.
- Barcelona: Sergio Busquets (CM), Philippe Coutinho (CAM) and Ansu Fati (LW) are out against Levante.
- Cadiz: Fali (CB), Jose Mari (CM), Salvi Sanchez (RM), Juan Cala (CB), and Alex Fernández (LM) are out against Osasuna.
- Celta Vigo: Ruben Blanco (GK) and Jeison Murillo (CB) are questionable to play against Getafe. Iago Aspas (ST), Nestor Araujo (CB), and Renato Tapia (CM) are out.
- Eibar: Alejandro Pozo (RB) is questionable to play against Real Betis.
- Elche: Johan Mojica (LB) is questionable to play against Alaves. Raul Guti (CM) is out.
- Getafe: Erick Cabaco (CB) is out against Celta Vigo.
- Granada: Kenedy (LM) and Luis Milla (CAM) are questionable to play against Real Madrid.
- Levante: Nikola Vukcevic (CM) is questionable to play against Barcelona. Sergio Postigo (CB) is out.
- Real Madrid: Daniel Carvajal (RB), Ferland Mendy (LB), and Lucas Vazquez (RW) are out against Granada. Raphael Varane (CB) and Sergio Ramos (CB) are questionable.
- Real Sociedad: Mikel Merino (CM) is out against Atletico Madrid.
- Villarreal: Mario Gaspar (RB) and Samuel Chukwueze (RM) are out against Real Valladolid.