European Soccer Forecast: Projected Odds, Totals for Weekend Premier League, Bundesliga, Serie A & More (Jan. 29-Feb. 1)
Marc Atkins/Getty Images. Pictured: Arsenal’s Bukayo Saka and David Luiz.
For the first time in more than a month, all five major leagues are in action this weekend, which means there are 49 matches on which to wager.
Here is a snapshot of what we saw over the past seven days:
- Manchester United were upset 2-1 at home by last-place Sheffield United, which allowed Manchester City to take over the top spot in the Premier League after their 5-0 win at West Brom.
- West Ham defeated Crystal Palace 3-2 on the road, which moved them into a surprising fifth place in the table.
- Arsenal defeated Southampton 3-1 on the road, marking their fifth win in their last six matches.
- Liverpool defeated Tottenham 3-1 on the road to move back into the top four.
- Gladbach came from behind to beat Dortmund 4-2, dropping Dortmund to seventh place in the Bundesliga table.
- Wolfsburg upset Leverkusen 1-0 on the road to move into fourth place in the table.
- AC Milan was defeated 3-0 at home by Atalanta, which narrows their lead to only two points over Inter Milan in the Serie A standings.
With how busy the European soccer calendar is at the moment, managers might be rotating their squads to rest some players. Therefore, it might be a good idea to wait to place a wager until starting lineups come out prior to kickoff.
You can use these projections to identify early betting value on the opening lines, plus follow me in The Action Network App to see any bets I make throughout the week.
Premier League Notes
- Arsenal vs. Manchester United: Arsenal is red hot at the moment, winning five of their last six matches in Premier league play. Manchester United relinquished the top spot in the league to Manchester City on Wednesday after a 2-1 loss at home to last-place Sheffield United. However, the Red Devils are unbeaten on the road, picking up 26 of a possible 30 points. Arsenal defeated Manchester United 1-0 at Old Trafford back in November and is unbeaten in their last five meetings with the Red Devils.
- West Ham vs. Liverpool: The Hammers are the surprise story of the Premier League season, as they currently sit in fifth place just two points behind Liverpool. The reason for that is because they’re red hot at the moment, winning their last four matches. Liverpool finally got back to their winning ways on Thursday, beating Tottenham 3-1 on the road. It was the Reds’ first win in the Premier League since December 19th. West Ham hasn’t beaten Liverpool in Premier League play since 2014.
Premier League Injury News
- Arsenal: Kieran Tierney (RB), Emile Smith Rowe (CAM), Martin Ødegaard (CAM), Dani Cabellos (CM) and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (ST) are questionable to play against Manchester United.
- Brighton: Tariq Lamptey (RB) and Danny Welbeck (ST) are out against Tottenham.
- Burnley: Ashley Barnes (ST) and Josh Brownhill (CM) are questionable to play against Chelsea.
- Crystal Palace: Jeffrey Schlupp (LM) and Mamadou Sahko (CB) are out against Wolves.
- Everton: Fabian Delph (LB) is out against Newcastle.
- Fulham: Tom Cairney (CAM) is out against West Brom.
- Leeds: Diego Llorente (CB) is out against Leicester.
- Leicester: Jamie Vardy (ST), Wilfred Ndidi (CM), and Dennis Praet (CAM) are out against Leeds. Johnny Evans (CB) is questionable.
- Liverpool: Diogo Jota (CF), Virgil van Dijk (CB), Naby Keïta (CM) and Joe Gomez (CB) are out against West Ham.
- Manchester City: Kevin de Bruyne (CAM), Sergio Agüero (ST) and Nathan Aké (CB) are out against Sheffield United.
- Manchester United: Eric Bailly (CB) is questionable to face Arsenal.
- Newcastle: Ciaran Clark (CB) and DeAndre Yedlin (RB) are out against Everton.
- Sheffield United: Sander Berge (CM), Enda Stevens (LB), Oliver McBurnie (ST), Jack Robinson (CB) and Jack O’Connell (CB) are out against Manchester City.
- Southampton: Jannik Vestergaard (CB) and Kyle Walker-Peters (RB) are out against Aston Villa. Oriol Romeu (CM) is questionable.
- Tottenham: Giovani Lo Celso (CM), Sergio Reguilón (RB), and Harry Kane (ST) are out against Brighton.
- West Brom: Conor Townsend (LB) and Grady Diangana (LM) are out against Fulham.
- West Ham: Arthur Masuaku (LB) is out against Liverpool.
- Wolves: Rayan Aït-Nouri (LWB) and Raúl Jiménez (ST) are out against Crystal Palace.
- Bayern Munich vs. Hoffenheim: Back in September Hoffenheim handed Bayern Munich their first loss in almost a year, beating them 4-1 at home. Since then, Hoffenheim has struggled, as they find themselves in the bottom half of the Bundesliga table. Bayern Munich has held onto the top spot in the league, but hasn’t been as dominant as last year. Hoffenheim did defeat Bayern Munich 2-1 at the Allianz Arena last season, so they are capable of pulling off another upset.
- RB Leipzig vs. Leverkusen: Leverkusen’s top-four hopes are hanging by a thread right now after their 1-0 defeat at home against Wolfsburg last weekend. RB Leipzig has cemented themselves in the second place, but is seven points off Bayern Munich for the top spot in the league. RB Leipzig has been dominant at home this season, going 7-1-1 in nine matches, while Leverkusen has lost their last two matches on the road. The last three times these two have met in the Bundesliga, the match has ended in a 1-1 draw.
Bundesliga Injury News
- Augsburg: Ruben Vargas (CAM) and Raphael Framberger (RB) is questionable to play against Dortmund.
- Bayer Leverkusen: Lars Bender (CDM) and Sven Bender (CB) are out against RB Leipzig. Patrik Schick (ST) is questionable.
- Borussia Dortmund: Thorgan Hazard (CAM) and Axel Witsel (CM) are out against Augsburg.
- Borussia Monchengladbach: Valentino Lazaro (RM) is questionable to play against Union Berlin.
- Freiburg: Baptiste Santamaria (CM) is out against Wolfsburg.
- Hertha Berlin: Dedryck Boyata (CB) is out against Frankfurt.
- Hoffenheim: Kevin Akpoguma (CB) and Ryan Sessegnon (LB) are out against Bayern Munich.
- Koln: Sebastian Andersson (ST) and Florian Kainz (RM) are questionable to play against Arminia Bielefeld. Rafael Czichos (CB) is questionable.
- RB Leipzig: Yussuf Poulsen (ST) is out against Leverkusen. Kevin Kampl (CM) and Ibrahima Konaté (CB) are questionable.
- Schalke: Sead Kolašinac (LB) is out against Werder Bremen.
- Union Berlin: Christopher Trimmel (RB) is out against Gladbach.
- Vfb Stuttgart: Waldemar Anton (CB) is out against Mainz.
- Werder Bremen: Davie Selke (ST), Kevin Möhwald (CM), Ömer Toprak (CB), Ludwig Augustinsson (LB) and Christian Groß (CB) are out against Schalke.
- Wolfsburg: Renato Steffen (RM) is out against Freiburg.
Serie A Notes
- Atalanta vs. Lazio: Atalanta is starting to ascend up the table, as they are unbeaten in their last 10 matches, including a 3-0 win over AC Milan last weekend. Lazio has been extremely average for most of the season, but has caught fire over the past month, winning their last four matches. Atalanta has won four out of the last five meetings with Lazio.
Serie A Injury News
- AC Milan: Hakan Çalhanoğlu (CAM) and Simon Kjaer (CB) are questionable to face Bologna.
- Atalanta: Robin Gosens (LWB) is out against Lazio.
- Benevento: Gaetano Letizia (RB) is questionable to play against Inter.
- Cagliari: Nahitan Nández (RM) is out against Sassuolo.
- Crotone: Junior Messias (ST), Luca Cigarini (CM) and Luca Marrone (CB) are questionable to play against Genoa.
- Genoa: Cristián Zapata (CB) is out against Crotone.
- Juventus: Paulo Dybala (CF) is out against Sampdoria.
- Lazio: Luis Alberto (CM) and Thomas Strakosha (GK) are questionable to face Atalanta.
- Parma: Vincent Laurini (RB) is questionable to play against Napoli.
- Roma: Pedro (CAM), Henrikh Mkhitaryan (CAM), and Antonio Mirante (GK) are questionable to play against Verona.
- Sampdoria: Manolo Gabbiadini (CAM) is questionable to face Juventus.
- Sassuolo: Domenico Berardi (RW) is questionable to play against Cagliari.
- Spezia: M’Bala Nzola is questionable to play against Udinese.
- Udinese: Stefano Okaka (ST) and Ignacio Pussetto (ST) are questionable to play against Spezia. Samir Santos (CB) is out.
- Verona: Miguel Veloso (CM) is questionable to play against Roma.
La Liga Notes
- Villarreal vs. Real Sociedad: Huge match for both clubs to stay in the race for the top four. Villarreal is only two points off Sevilla for fourth place, while Real Sociedad is only five points off the pace. Villarreal is unbeaten at home this season, while Real Sociedad has lost three of their last four matches on the road.
- Barcelona vs. Athletic Bilbao: Massive revenge spot for Barcelona who lost the Spanish Super Cup to Bilbao a little more than a week ago. Barcelona has to win this match because they’re 10 points off Atletico Madrid for the top spot in La Liga. Athletic Bilbao has only one win in nine road matches this campaign.
La Liga Injury News
- Athletic Bilbao: Yuri Berchiche (LB) is questionable to face Barcelona.
- Atletico Madrid: Kieran Trippier (RB) is out against Cadiz.
- Barcelona: Sergio Busquets (CM) and Gerard Piqué (CB) are out against Athletic Bilbao. Philippe Coutinho (CAM), Ansu Fati (LW), and Sergi Roberto (RB) are questionable.
- Cadiz: José Mari (CM) and Alfonso Espino (LB) are questionable to face Atletico Madrid.
- Elche: Iván Marcone (CM) and Fidel (CM) are out against Valencia.
- Getafe: Djene Dakonam (CB) is out against Alaves. Mathías Olivera (LB) is questionable.
- Granada: Maxime Gonalons (CDM) is questionable to play against Celta Vigo.
- Huesca: Javi Ontiveros (LM) is out against Real Valladolid. Sandro Ramirez (ST) and Pedro Mosquera (CDM) are questionable.
- Osasuna: Facundo Roncaglia (RB) is out against Real Betis. Ante Budimir (ST) is questionable.
- Real Betis: Marc Bartra (CB) and Claudio Bravo (GK) are questionable to face Osasuna.
- Real Madrid: Federico Valverde (CM) and Rodrygo (RW) are questionable to face Levante.
- Real Sociedad: David Silva (CAM) is questionable to face Villarreal.
- Sevilla: Jesús Navas (RB) and Diego Carlos (CB) are questionable to play against Eibar.
- Valencia: Mouctar Diakhaby (CB) is questionable to face Elche. Jasper Cillessen (GK) is out.
- Villarreal: Mario Gaspar (RB) and Gerard Moreno (RM) are questionable to face Real Sociedad. Vicente Iborra (CDM) is out.
Ligue 1 Notes
- Lyon vs. Bordeaux: Lyon trails PSG and Lille by two points for the top spot in the table. Their offense has been running rampant through Ligue 1, scoring 44 goals in only 21 matches. Bordeaux has rebounded from a terrible start to the season by winning their last three matches and is now in seventh place. However, Bordeaux has really struggled against teams ahead of them in the table taking only five of a possible 18 points.
- Marseille vs. Rennes: Marseille is in the midst of a dreadful run of form, as they’ve lost five of their last eight matches. Before the 1-0 loss to Lille last weekend, Rennes picked up 17 of a possible 21 points in the previous seven matches. Rennes defeated Marseille 2-1 when these two met back in December.
Ligue 1 Injury News
- Angers: Rachid Alioui (CM) is questionable to play against Nimes.
- Bordeaux: Otávio (CDM) is out against Lyon.
- Lens: Loïc Badé (CB) is questionable to play against Montpellier.
- Lille: Burak Yilmaz (ST) is questionable to play against Dijon.
- Lorient: Paul Nardi (GK) and Vincent Le Goff (LB) are questionable to play against PSG.
- Marseille: Boubacar Kamara (CM) and Jordan Amavi (LB) are questionable to play against Rennes.
- Metz: Habib Maïga (CM) and Opa Nguette (LW) are questionable to play against Brest.
- Monaco: Cesc Fàbregas (CM) is questionable to play against Nantes. Gelson Martins (RM) is out.
- Nice: Rony Lopes (RW) and Morgan Schneiderlin (CM) are questionable to play against Saint Etienne.
- Nimes: Loïck Landre (CB) is questionable to face Angers.
- PSG: Ander Herrera (CM) is questionable to face Lorient.
- Reims: Moreto Cassamá (CM) is out against Strasbourg. Valon Berisha (CM) is questionable.
- Rennes: Benjamin Bourigeaud (CM) is out against Marseille.
- Saint Etienne: Panagiotis Retsos (CB) and Mathieu Debuchy (RB) are questionable to face Nice.
- Strasbourg: Mohamed Simakan (CB) is out against Reims.