European Soccer Forecast: Projected Odds, Totals for Weekend Premier League, Bundesliga, Serie A & More (March 12-15)
Alex Livesey – Danehouse/Getty Images. Pictured: Amad Diallo of Manchester United celebrates.
The European soccer calendar is jam packed fright now with a ton of fixtures every single day of the week. We have another full slate in the major five leagues, with a couple of huge matches. This past weekend featured several massive matches across every league. Here’s a snapshot of what we saw:
- Manchester United pulled off a massive upset over their intra-city rivals, beating the Cityzens 2-0 at the Etihad, which ended Manchester City’s 21-match win streak.
- Relegation-side Fulham pulled of huge upset over Liverpool, which was the Reds’ sixth straight loss at home in the Premier League.
- Bayern Munich erased a 2-0 early deficit against Borussia Dortmund, scoring four unanswered goals on their way to a 4-2 victory in Der Klassiker.
- Bayer Leverkusen defeated Gladbach 1-0 on the road, bringing them to within three points of the top four.
- Juventus defeated Lazio 3-1, with two goals from Alvaro Morata.
- Inter walked away with a 1-0 home win over Atalanta, keeping their lead atop the table at six points.
- Sevilla was upset by 17th-place Elche 2-1 on the road, effectively ending any hopes they had at challenging for the title.
- The Madrid Derby ended in a 1-1 draw, which allowed Barcelona to get within six points of Atletico Madrid.
With how busy the European soccer calendar is at the moment, managers might be rotating their squads to rest some players. Therefore, it might be a good idea to wait to place a wager until starting lineups come out prior to kickoff.
You can use these projections to identify early betting value on the opening lines, plus follow me in The Action Network App to see any bets I make throughout the week.
Premier League Notes
- Arsenal vs. Tottenham: The North London Derby has European football at stake in the second meeting of the season. Both Arsenal and Tottenham are on the outside looking in at the top six, and a win by either would get them that much closer to qualifying for a Europa League spot. Tottenham won the first meeting 2-0, so the Gunners will be out for revenge on Sunday.
- Manchester United vs. West Ham: The Red Devils’ upset of Manchester City last weekend gave them a glimmer of hope at getting back in the title race. West Ham’s had dream season and has real chances of finishing inside the top four for the first time in over 30 years. The Hammers have won four of their last six matches and are in fifth place, only two points behind Chelsea. Manchester United cannot afford to drop points in this match or the title race will effectively be over.
Premier League Injury News
- Aston Villa: Jack Grealish (LM) is questionable to play against Newcastle.
- Brighton: Tariq Lamptey (RB), Solly March (LB) and Adam Webster (CB) are out against Southampton.
- Burnley: Robbie Brady (LM), Johann Gudmundsson (CM), and Jack Cork (CM) are questionable to play against Arsenal. Ashley Barnes (ST) and Jack Cork (CM) are out against Everton.
- Chelsea: Tammy Abraham (ST) is questionable to play against Leeds.
- Crystal Palace: Nathaniel Clyne (RB), James McArthur (CM), Jeffrey Schlupp (LM) and Mamadou Sakho (CB) are out against West Brom.
- Everton: Yerry Mina (CB), Abdoulaye Doucoure (CM), and Fabian Delph (LB) are out against Burnley. James Rodriguez (CAM) is questionable.
- Fulham: Tom Cairney (CAM) is out against Manchester City.
- Leicester: James Justin (LB), Harvey Barnes (LM), James Maddison (CAM) and Johnny Evans (CB), Dennis Praet (CAM) are out against Brighton. Ayoze Perez (RM) is questionable.
- Liverpool: Virgil van Dijk (CB), Jordan Henderson (CM), Joël Matip (CB) and Joe Gomez (CB) are out against Fulham. Roberto Firmino (CF) is questionable.
- Manchester United: Paul Pogba (CM), Marcuse Rashford (ST), David De Gea (GK), and Danny van de Beek (CM) are out against West Ham. Edinson Cavani (ST) is questionable.
- Newcastle: Miguel Almiron (CAM), Allan Saint-Maximin (ST), Fabian Schär (CB) and Callum Wilson (ST) are out against Aston Villa.
- Sheffield United: Sander Berge (CM), Chris Basham (CB), Jack Robinson (CB), John Egan (CB) and Jack O’Connell (CB) are out against Leicester.
- Southampton: Danny Ings (ST), Theo Walcott (RM) and Oriol Romeu (CM) are out against Brighton.
- Tottenham: Giovani Lo Celso (CM) is out against Arsenal.
- West Ham: Arthur Masuaku (LB), Jesse Lingard (CAM), Andriy Yarmolenko (RM) and Angelo Ogbonna (CB) are out against Manchester United.
- Wolves: Daniel Podence (ST) and Raúl Jiménez (ST) are out against Liverpool.
- RB Leipzig vs. Frankfurt: Die Roten Bullen has done a fantastic job keeping pace with Bayern Munich in the title race, winning six straight matches in the Bundesliga. Frankfurt is surprisingly inside the top four right now, as they’ve won five of their last seven matches. RB Leipzig have been incredibly difficult to beat at the Red Bull Arena, going 10-1-1 in 12 home matches this season.
Bundesliga Injury News
- Augsburg: Iago (LWB) is questionable to play against Gladbach.
- Bayer Leverkusen: Lars Bender (CDM) and Daley Sinkgraven (LB) are out against Arminia Bielefeld. Sven Bender (CB) and Florian Wirtz (CM) are questionable.
- Bayern Munich: David Alaba (LB) is questionable to play against Werder Bremen. Douglas Costa (CAM) is out.
- Borussia Dortmund: Giovanni Reyna (LM), Raphael Guerreiro (CAM), Jadon Sancho (RM) and Axel Witsel (CM) are out against Hertha Berlin. Manuel Akanji (CB) is questionable.
- Frankfurt: Daichi Kamada (CAM) is questionable to play against RB Leipzig.
- Gladbach: Christoph Kramer (CM) is out against Augsburg.
- Hertha Berlin: Dedryck Boyata (CB) is questionable to play against Dortmund. Matheus Cunha (CAM) is out.
- Hoffenheim: Stefan Posch (CB) and Kevin Akpoguma (CB) are questionable to play against Vfb Stuttgart. Kevin Vogt (CB) and Mijat Gacinovic (RB) are out.
- Koln: Sebastian Andersson (ST) and Florian Kainz (RM) are questionable to play against Union Berlin. Sebastian Bornauw (CB) is out.
- RB Leipzig: Angelino (LB) is out against Frankfurt.
- Schalke: Omar Mascarell (CM), Amine Harit (LM), Matija Nastasic (CB) and Mark Uth (CAM) are out against Wolfsburg.
- Union Berlin: Christopher Lenz (LB) and Taiwo Awoniyi (ST) are questionable to play against Koln.
- Vfb Stuttgart: Nicolas Gonzalez (ST) is questionable to play against Hoffenheim.
- Werder Bremen: Marco Fridel (CB) is out against Bayern Munich.
- Wolfsburg: Maxence Lacroix (CB), Xaver Schlager (CM), and Paulo Otavio (LB) are out against Schalke.
Serie A Notes
- AC Milan vs. Napoli: AC Milan is currently trailing Inter Milan by six points for the top spot in Serie A. Napoli is on the outside looking in at the top four and is in dreadful form on the road, losing three of their last four matches. AC Milan have really struggled at home against the top teams in Italy, accumulating only one point in four matches versus the top five. Rossoneri defeated Napoli 3-1 on the road earlier this season.
Serie A Injury News
- AC Milan: Ante Rebic (LM) and Mario Mandzukic (ST) are questionable to play against Napoli. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (ST) and Hakan Calhanoglu (CAM) are out.
- Atalanta: Duvan Zapata (ST) is questionable to play against Spezia.
- Benevento: Gaetano Letizia (RB) and Fabio Depaoli (RB) are out against Fiorentina.
- Bologna: Aaron Hickey (LB) and Takehiro Tomiyasu (CB) are out against Sampdoria.
- Fiorentina: Sofyan Amrabat (CM) and Gaetano Castrovilli (CM) are out against Benevento.
- Genoa: Andrea Masiello (CB) and Mattia Destro (ST) are out against Udinese. Mattia Perin (GK) is questionable.
- Inter: Arturo Vidal (CM) is out against Torino
- Juventus: Paulo Dybala (CF) and Rodrigo Bentancur (CM) are questionable to play against Cagliari.
- Lazio: Manuel Lazzari (RM), Luiz Felipe (CB) and Stefan Daniel Radu (CB) are out against Crotone.
- Parma: Andreas Cornelius (ST) and Juraj Kucka (CAM) are out against Roma.
- Roma: Jordan Veretout (CM) is out against Parma.
- Sampdoria: Omar Colley (CB) is out against Bologna.
- Sassuolo: Vlad Chiriches (CB) and Jeremie Boga (LM) are questionable to play against Verona.
- Torino: Tomas Rincon (CM) is out against Inter. Nicolas N’Koulou (CB) and Wilfried Singo (RM) are questionable.
- Udinese: Ignacio Pussetto (ST) is questionable to play against Genoa.
La Liga Notes
- Sevilla vs. Real Betis: Sevilla is in a really bad run of form right now losing three of their last four matches in all competitions. They now only hold a three-point lead over Real Sociedad for the fourth spot in the table, so they cannot afford to lose this match. Real Betis has been resurgent this season, currently sitting in sixth place and have won four straight in La Liga.
La Liga Injury News
- Alaves: Ximo Navarro (RB) is out against Cadiz.
- Athletic Bilbao: Inigo Martinez (CB) is out against Celta Vigo.
- Atletico Madrid: Jose Gimenez (CB) is questionable to play against Getafe.
- Barcelona: Gerard Pique (CB) and Ansu Fati (LW) are out against Huesca. Philippe Coutinho (CAM) and Sergi Roberto (RB) are questionable.
- Cadiz: Carlos Akapo (RB) is questionable to play against Alaves.
- Celta Vigo: Hugo Mallo (RB) and Ruben Blanco (GK) are out against Athletic Bilbao.
- Eibar: Pedro Bigas (CM) is questionable to play against Villarreal.
- Elche: Emiliano Rigoni (LM) is out against Real Madrid.
- Getafe: Jaime Mata (ST) is out against Atletico Madrid.
- Granada: Luis Milla (CAM), Luis Javier Suarez (ST), and Darwin Machis (CM) are out against Celta Vigo.
- Huesca: Pedro Mosquera (CDM) is questionable to play against Barcelona.
- Levante: Gonzalo Melero (CM) and Sergio Postigo (CB) are out against Valencia.
- Real Betis: Marc Bartra (CB) is questionable to play against Sevilla.
- Real Madrid: Daniel Carvajal (RB) is questionable to play against Elche.
- Valencia: Carlos Soler (CM), Maximiliano Gomez (ST), and Gaya (LB) are out against Levante.
- Villarreal: Raul Albiol (CB) is out against Eibar.
Ligue 1 Notes
- Monaco vs. Lille: Lille is in the midst of a historic season, as they currently have a one-point lead over PSG atop the Ligue 1 table. Monaco have been on fire in Ligue 1, winning 10 of their last 13 matches. The home side is currently four points behind Lyon for the coveted third spot in the table, so they need to take all three points against the league leaders. Lille walked away with a 2-1 win at home in the first meeting this season.
Ligue 1 Injury News
- Angers: Rachid Alioui (CM) is questionable to play against Saint Etienne. Vincent Manceau (RB) is out.
- Bordeaux: Laurent Koscielny (CB) and Otávio (CDM) are out against Dijon. Toma Basic (CM) and Paul Baysse (CB) are questionable.
- Brest: Christophe Herelle (CB) is questionable to play against Marseille.
- Dijon: Didier Ibrahim Ndong (CM) is questionable to play against Bordeaux.
- Lille: Burak Yılmaz (ST) and Jose Fonte (CB) are questionable to play against Monaco.
- Lens: Gael Kakuta (CAM), Issiaga Sylla (LB), and Ignatius Ganago (ST) are questionable to play against Metz.
- Lorient: Jeremy Morel (CB) and Jonathan Delaplace (RB) are out against Nice.
- Marseille: Jordan Amarvi (LB) and Valentin Rongier (CM) are out against Brest. Pape Gueye (CM) is out.
- Metz: Opa Nguette (LW) is questionable to play against Lens. Fabien Centonze (RB) and Boubakar Kouyate (CB) are out.
- Monaco: Gelson Martins (RM) is questionable to play against Lille.
- Montpellier: Andy Delort (ST) is questionable to play against Nimes.
- Nice: Jean-Clair Todibo (CB) and Jeff Reine-Adélaïde (CM) are out against Lorient. Rony Lopes (RW) is questionable.
- Nimes: Lucas Deaux (CM) and Anthony Briancon (CB) are out against Montpellier. Birger Meling (LB) is out.
- PSG: Neymar (CF) and Moise Kean (ST) are questionable to play against Nantes.
- Reims: Moreto Cassama (CM) is out against Lyon.
- Rennes: Hamari Traore (RB) and Jonas Martin (CM) are out against Strasbourg.
- Saint Etienne: Mathieu Debuchy (RB) is out against Angers. Romain Hamouma (ST) is questionable.
- Strasbourg: Alexander Djiku (CB) and Mohamed Simakan (CB) are out against Rennes.