Premier League Forecast: Projected Odds & Totals for Midweek Matches (May 18-19)
Marc Atkins/Getty Images. Pictured: James Maddison of Leicester City.
There are only two matchdays left in the season for the Premier League, and even though Manchester City have already secured the title, there is still a ton on the line for teams trying to qualify for the Champions League and Europa League next season.
With so few matches left in the season it is important to know the motivation for each club. Some clubs have nothing left to play for in terms of Champions League, Europa League and relegation, while others have everything up for grabs.
The European soccer calendar is so congested at the moment. With some teams playing three matches in a 10-day span, some managers might rotate their squads to rest some players. It would probably be a good idea to wait until starting lineups come out an hour before kickoff before placing a wager.
You can use these projections to identify betting value on current lines, plus follow me in The Action Network App to see any bets I make throughout the week.
Premier League Matches
Premier League Notes
- Chelsea vs. Leicester: The Blues and Foxes meet for the second time in four days after Leicester defeated Chelsea 1-0 in the FA Cup final on Saturday. This match is crucial for Champions League qualification with Liverpool one point behind Chelsea for fourth place and three points behind Leicester for third place. Leicester has had Chelsea’s number over the past few years, going unbeaten against the Blues in their last eight meetings.
Premier League Injuries
- Arsenal: David Luiz (CB) and Granit Xhaka (CM) are out against Crystal Palace. Hector Bellerin (RB) is questionable.
- Aston Villa: Matty Cash (RB) is out against Tottenham.
- Brighton: Neal Maupay (ST), Lewis Dunk (CB), Davy Propper (CAM), Joel Veltman (CB), Soloman March (LM) and Tariq Lamptey (RB) are out against Manchester City.
- Burnley: Nick Pope (GK) and Robbie Brady (LM) are out against Liverpool.
- Crystal Palace: Mamadou Sahko (CB) is out against Arsenal. Nathaniel Clyne (RB), Patrick van Aanholt (CM), and Luka Milivojevic (CM) are questionable.
- Everton: Yerry Mina (CB) is questionable to play against Wolves.
- Leicester: James Justin (LB), Harvey Barnes (LM), and Jonny Evans (CB) are out against Chelsea.
- Liverpool: Diego Jota (LW), Jordan Henderson (CM), Joel Matip (CB), Joe Gomez (CB) and Virgil van Dijk (CB) are out against Burnley. James Milner (CM) is questionable.
- Manchester City: Kevin De Bruyne (CAM) is questionable to play against Newcastle. Sergio Agüero (ST) is out.
- Manchester United: Harry McGuire (CB) and Anthony Martial (ST) are out against Fulham.
- Newcastle: Callum Wilson (ST), Jamaal Lascelles (CB), Karl Darlow (GK) and Fabian Schär (CB) are out against Sheffield United.
- Sheffield United: Ethan Ampadu (CB), Oliver McBurnie (ST) and Jack O’Connell (CB) are out against Newcastle.
- Southampton: Ryan Bertrand (LB), Oriol Romeu (CM), and Jan Bednarek (CB) are out against Leeds.
- Tottenham: Serge Aurier (RB) and Ben Davies (LB) are out against Aston Villa.
- West Brom: Branislav Ivanovic (CB) is out against West Ham.
- West Ham: Arthur Masuaku (RB) and Manuel Lanzini (CAM) are out against West Brom.
- Wolves: Raul Jimenez (ST), Daniel Pondence (ST), and Pedro Neto (LW) are out against Everton.