Promoguy’s Vegas Fantasy Football Rankings, Week 13
Cooper Neill/Getty Images. Pictured: Ja’Marr Chase.
We debuted Vegas-style fantasy football rankings prior to this NFL season.
We used season-long prop lines for each player to project fantasy points, using the wisdom-of-the-crowds approach embedded in betting markets to find players undervalued and overvalued by fantasy experts.
For example: if a receiver was listed at 6 catches, 60 yards and 0.5 TDs in the prop market, he’d be projected for 15 points in full PPR, and 9 points in standard formats.
We’ll be doing the same on a game-by-game basis, using props from that week’s games to create fantasy rankings. While you’ll be starting most of the players listed anyway, these rankings can be a good way to find DFS value or make tough lineup decisions early in the season.
Here’s how things shook out for quarterbacks, running backs and wide receivers for Week 13 in all formats, with some notes below.
Steelers RB Najee Harris is not listed due to injury, and some players on Monday Night Football between the Saints and Bucs are not listed either.
- Deshaun Watson is QB7 in a juicy matchup against the Texans as he makes his season debut for the Browns.
- Justin Fields is QB4 after missing last week, thanks to his rushing upside.
- Tua Tagavailoa is QB12 in a tough matchup against the 49ers, behind guys like Geno Smith and Daniel Jones.
- Josh Jacobs after a huge last few weeks is RB1 in standard and half-PPR formats, but Austin Ekeler still holds the top spot in PPR thanks to his pass-catching volume.
- Tony Pollard is still a fringe RB1 even with Zeke Elliott getting more involved last week.
- Samaje Perine is a top 10 running back or close to it in all formats with Joe Mixon likely unavailable for the Bengals.
- Zonovan Knight, who made his debut for the Jets just last week, is RB21 in PPR formats with Michael Carter out.
- Davante Adams is the No. 1 WR in all formats, ahead of Tyreek Hill. Dolphins WR Jaylen Waddle is also further down the usual in a tough matchup with San Fran.
- Ja’Marr Chase slots in as WR5 after missing the last month. That forces Tee Higgins back to WR11.
- Deebo Samuel is near the back of the top 20, although he’s expected to play through an injury.
- The prop market likes Pat Freiermuth, who is TE3 and has rated favorably in our rankings the last few weeks.
- Despite some mixed results, the market still likes Raiders TE Foster Moreau, who slots in at TE8.