Zach Johnson 2019 Masters Betting, Odds Preview: Fade the Former Champ
Reinhold Matay, USA Today Sports. Pictured: Zach Johnson
Zach Johnson 2019 Masters Odds, DFS Pricing
- Odds to win: 125-1
- DFS pricing: $6,900 Draftkings, $9,000 FanDuel
- Masters history (2014-18): T-63, T-9, T-63, T-54, T-36
- Tee times: 1:05 p.m. ET Thursday; 9:58 a.m. Friday
Realistically speaking, I can’t find one good reason to expect much from Zach Johnson this week at Augusta. He has been relatively consistent on tour this year, making six of nine cuts, but his only top 10 came during the wrap-around season at his home courses in Sea Island.
Although he is a Masters Champion, it has been a long time since he’s played any decent golf at Augusta. His last three Masters appearances have yielded two MC’s and a 36th. His 284-yard average off the tee will be an even bigger issue with the length that’s been added to Augusta and I don’t see how he is a viable DFS play.
I would much rather fill my line-up with guys like Keith Mitchell or Kevin Kisner, who are priced below Zach. His best value may be fading him in head to head match-ups.
Zach Johnson Statistical Profile
The below numbers outline where Zach Johnson ranks among the other 84 Masters competitors in a series of key statistical categories from our FantasyLabs Models.
- Long-Term Adj Rd Score: T27
- Long-Term Greens in Regulation: 57
- Long-Term Putts Per Round: T14
- Recent Adj Rd Score: T44
- Course Adj Rd Score: T44
- Strokes Gained — Overall: 37
- Strokes Gained — Tee-to-Green: 35