Hideki Matsuyama 2019 British Open Betting Odds, Preview: A Solid DFS Target
Reinhold Matay, USA Today Sports. Pictured: Hideki Matsuyama
Hideki Matsuyama 2019 British Open Odds
- Odds to Win British Open: 30-1
- DFS Pricing: $8,500 DraftKings; $10,300 FanDuel
- Tee Times: 5:20 a.m. ET Thursday; 10:21 a.m. ET Friday
Matsuyama was on the upswing a couple years ago but just hasn’t put it completely together at a high level yet. He’s had some impressive finishes at majors, including two top-fives in 2017, but he’s failed to get inside the top 15 since. The Open has been his worse major in his career, which is interesting given his excellent ball-striking and tee-to-green game. Perhaps it’s his high ball flight into greens: In his 12 rounds in windy conditions, he’s struggled, although most of that was due to the short game.
All in all, Hideki has been a solid links player, and while he’s been unable to put up high-end results, he’s been very steady. I wouldn’t buy him in to-win markets, but he could be worth a look as a low-owned DFS play in tournaments who likely won’t ruin your lineups.
Hideki Matsuyama British Open Statistical Profile
The below numbers outline where Hideki Matsuyama ranks among the other 139 top British Open competitors in a series of key statistical categories from our FantasyLabs Models.
- Long-Term Adjusted Round Score: 13
- Long-Term Greens in Regulation: 24
- Long-Term Driving Accuracy: 43
- Recent Adjusted Round Score: 13
- Recent Greens in Regulation: 17
- Total Driving: 10
- Strokes Gained — Approach: 2